Accout Lock outs

Post by Ray Giumentar » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 00:05:04

I am experiencing users who continously get locked out after changing their
password.  Is there a utility or trick to tracking down the culprit of the
event?  This has occurred on different accts at different times, but always
in unison with a password change.  We have a win2k pdc/bdc on the same
subnet, and appear to be synching regularly.  Any thoughts?

Accout Lock outs

Post by Grog in Ohi » Sun, 20 Apr 2003 01:37:30

We get lots of this where I work too.  It's inevitably one of 2 things... a
terminal server session left open that has the old password or a service on
a machine somewhere running with the users ID and password instead of a
system account.  Either can be found in the security event log for the PDC
emulator.  Click VIEW, FIND and enter the user ID in the DESCRIPTION field.
This will help track down the machine that's locking the ID.

Grog

Quote:> I am experiencing users who continously get locked out after changing
their
> password.  Is there a utility or trick to tracking down the culprit of the
> event?  This has occurred on different accts at different times, but
always
> in unison with a password change.  We have a win2k pdc/bdc on the same
> subnet, and appear to be synching regularly.  Any thoughts?

1. ssh time outs

Would anyone know why my ssh sessions seem to time out after a certain
amount of time? This only happens when I connect from work, but when I
connect from within a LAN machine, it never times out???

Thanks,
Tony

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Configuration error

3. ZA and intermittent broadband cut-outs

4. is there a way for administrators to allow power users to update

5. Firewall for PPP Dial-outs?

6. Book Review: "Know Your Enemy", Honeynet Project

7. Computer Lock-Down Sofware?

8. Changing V51.0pl1 master password (how?)

9. TIS fwtk lock.c file?

10. Simplex Locks

11. zonealarm 3.7.098 locks my pc up

12. Zonealarm acts like it's locked but isn't.

13. ZAP Lock during specific times