Telnet SSL (Proxy?)

Post by Chris Loc » Sun, 22 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hey,

This has been asked before .. and now I need to do it! Anybody aware
of a way to SSL/proxy telnet sessions? It would be a great way to get
secure telnet.

Thanks!
Chris

Ottawa, Ontario

Telnet SSL (Proxy?)

Post by Christoph Marti » Wed, 25 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Hey,

> This has been asked before .. and now I need to do it! Anybody aware
> of a way to SSL/proxy telnet sessions? It would be a great way to get
> secure telnet.

Look at ssh, which does a great job in encryption and secure
connections. You can compile it with SOCKS support, so you get it over
the firewall.

If you really need a real telnet, look at SSLtelnet, which also has
SOCKS support.

Christoph
Christoph Martin, Uni-Mainz, Germany

1. SSH over SSL or telnet proxy server

I am trying to connect to an SSH server on the interenet from behind a
firewall.

The firewall allows telnet outbound (through checkpoint proxy telnet)
  >telnet firewall
  Escape character is '^]'.
  Check Point FireWall-1 authenticated Telnet server running on firewall
  User: username
  FireWall-1 password: ******
  User username authenticated by FireWall-1 authentication
  Host: my.host.com

another firewall allows outbound web also through password proxy including
SSL, I remember once seeing a SSL proxy script for SSH, but it did not support
password protected proxy. What would I need to change on that in order to get
this to work?

Has anyone gotten either option to work?

Thanks
Troy

2. Experience with Public Domain SNMP Based packages

3. SSL proxy for clients uncapable of SSL

4. ScrollVPort and system-friendly graphics

5. Proxy FTP and/or Proxy telnet - is this safe?

6. FS: NEC Multispin external Drive

7. SSL versus SSH Telnet

8. Q: Test Drive on Hard Drive

9. Any good Win95 SSL / SSH enabled telnet clients ?

10. ssh openssh, or ssl/telnet on mswindows?

11. Telnet over SSL

12. Telnet+SSL vs SSH

13. ftp and telnet SSL client