Zonealarm pro freezes system - When my cable modem is offline!!

Zonealarm pro freezes system - When my cable modem is offline!!

Post by Ven » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:50:29

Hi
 Here is another version of zonealarm freezing the system. My computer
freezes when my cable modem is offline! When my cable modem is online
zone alarm does not create any problem! When it freezes, it only
requires that I shut down zonealarm pro to revive my comatose
computer.
Odd eh?
Win2k sp3 p3 500 Mhz with 128 Megs is the configuration
Some construction work in the area is bringing down the internet
frequently and thats what bought this issue to the limelight!!!!
Any solutions??
Venk

ps- also saw this notice in zonelabs site.
Notice - The newest ZAP/ZAPlus version 3.7.159 contains updates
pertaining to the AlertAdvisor system.
The issue with Windows 2000, and programs not starting up, is still
being investigated.

Zonealarm pro freezes system - When my cable modem is offline!!

Post by Steve Fleckenstei » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 21:14:23

zonealarm crashing during a cold boot is common failure across all OS
flavors. One day they will get it right

Quote:> Hi
>  Here is another version of zonealarm freezing the system. My computer
> freezes when my cable modem is offline! When my cable modem is online
> zone alarm does not create any problem! When it freezes, it only
> requires that I shut down zonealarm pro to revive my comatose
> computer.
> Odd eh?
> Win2k sp3 p3 500 Mhz with 128 Megs is the configuration
> Some construction work in the area is bringing down the internet
> frequently and thats what bought this issue to the limelight!!!!
> Any solutions??
> Venk

> ps- also saw this notice in zonelabs site.
> Notice - The newest ZAP/ZAPlus version 3.7.159 contains updates
> pertaining to the AlertAdvisor system.
> The issue with Windows 2000, and programs not starting up, is still
> being investigated.

Zonealarm pro freezes system - When my cable modem is offline!!

Post by Marcus Castr » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 22:27:58

Hi,

  This is a known issue. Read the Announcements section there and the
Moderator's post in the Install area, it has links to previous versions. The
hang issue should be resolved in next release.

Marcus
PEACE

[...]

Post by Armin Krawinke » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 22:43:32

Steve Fleckenstein announced in

Quote:> zonealarm crashing during a cold boot is common failure across all
> OS flavors. One day they will get it right

microslut OS flavors.

--

life, the universe and everything

Zonealarm pro freezes system - When my cable modem is offline!!

Post by Nicke Lilltrol » Fri, 11 Apr 2003 23:49:43

Hi guys,

I'm trying to establish  a VPN tunnel from a Netscreen 25 to a 3com office
connect dmz but i run into trouble during phase 1 establishment

I get:
second IKE<213.xxx.xxx.xxx>: Received incorrect ID payload: ID type
mismatch.
first IKE<213.xxx.xxx.xxx> Phase 1: Responder starts MAIN mode negotiations.

I saw a newspost on google, when I searched for 3com netscreen on this
forum.
And I changed the proposal to what was suggested:
The 2 firewalls are using IPSEC tunnelling, NAT is off, Phase 1 is
'pre-g1-des-md5', Phase 2 is 'nopfs-esp-des-md5', 900sec lifetime.
I took 900 sec for both phase one and two, without any succes, thing is, in
3com you have to give an SA name that will have two match on the connecting
device, the only thing I can think of to put in the netscreen is local id,
we tried that as well with the same results.. any Ideas?

I have even tried to put the 3com as if its coming from a dynamically ip
address, and put the SA name for peer id...

Zonealarm pro freezes system - When my cable modem is offline!!

Post by Larry W4C » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 02:11:27

Maybe it's TrueVector spyware is waiting for "mother" to answer its
call to upload your usage?.....just a thought.....

Try this....

Turn it all on and turn the modem off until the system freezes up.
Don't touch the frozen computer.
Plug the modem back in and let it go online.
See any activity lights that look like the modem is uploading
something or communicating with an outside server?
Does the computer unfreeze when the modem comes back online.

If so, ZA is calling "something" and waiting for it to answer.....

On 9 Apr 2003 20:50:29 -0700,

>Hi
> Here is another version of zonealarm freezing the system. My computer
>freezes when my cable modem is offline! When my cable modem is online
>zone alarm does not create any problem! When it freezes, it only
>requires that I shut down zonealarm pro to revive my comatose
>computer.
>Odd eh?
>Win2k sp3 p3 500 Mhz with 128 Megs is the configuration
>Some construction work in the area is bringing down the internet
>frequently and thats what bought this issue to the limelight!!!!
>Any solutions??
>Venk

>ps- also saw this notice in zonelabs site.
>Notice - The newest ZAP/ZAPlus version 3.7.159 contains updates
>pertaining to the AlertAdvisor system.
>The issue with Windows 2000, and programs not starting up, is still
>being investigated.

Larry W4CSC and other fine old calls since 1957...

Zonealarm pro freezes system - When my cable modem is offline!!

Post by Marcus Castr » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 04:45:59

Hi,

  Try closing the ZAP control panel by clicking the X at the top right
corner, then right-click the ZA icon and select Shutdown. Wait 2 minutes,
then reboot.  Does that help at all?

Marcus
PEACE

On 9 Apr 2003 20:50:29 -0700,