Cannot seem to clean ZA Pro off of the system.

Cannot seem to clean ZA Pro off of the system.

Post by Bubba Coote » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 22:33:37

I have a windows 2000 pro system that I am trying to get ZA Pro off
of.  I have followed their istructions but cant seen to get the true
vector stuff out ove the registry even in safe mode.  Why does their
uninstall not remove all of the crap.  This is sure a poor programming
job.  Help!!!!!!!  I have heard that they have a utility to clean it
but cant find it.

Cannot seem to clean ZA Pro off of the system.

Post by Marcus Castr » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 00:18:51

Hi,

  You need to remove the driver file while in Safe mode since it is
apparently still loading. Also you have to make sure you have ALL settings
set so you can see all files (there are at least 2 settings to change in the
options).

Marcus
PEACE

Post by Joe Canuc » Sun, 23 Mar 2003 00:30:17

> I have a windows 2000 pro system that I am trying to get ZA Pro off
> of.  I have followed their istructions but cant seen to get the true
> vector stuff out ove the registry even in safe mode.  Why does their
> uninstall not remove all of the crap.  This is sure a poor programming
> job.  Help!!!!!!!  I have heard that they have a utility to clean it
> but cant find it.

There are ZoneAlarm uninstall instructions available, follow them
exactly as they are written and you should be okay.

This page will help you:
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/support/znalmInstallFAQ.jsp

I have followed the Win2K instructions successfully on a machine here.