Question: ZA vs ZA Pro

Post by Marcu » Wed, 16 May 2001 13:39:01

  If you were to use ICS, or require specific port opening, or password
protecting the configuration, then go with ZAP. Otherwise, ZA is still free
for personal use.

Quote:> I have been using the free version of ZA for quite a while and have
> had no problems whatsoever.

> What are the pros of upgrading to ZA Pro for a single cable modem
> user?

> Thanks!

1. ZA 2.6 Pro vs. ZA 3.5 (Free) Reinstall Problems

Oh I need a brain oil change.  And I knew better.  But I decided to
"upgrade" from ZA 2.6 Pro to the current free version.  As reported in
this NG, this current version has a few quirks and so I tried to go
back to my bullet-proof 2.6 Pro.  The new version left all kinds of
registry entries and files on the computer even after the uninstall.
And then I got error messages left and right.

So I spent a few hours trying to clean out evidence of either program.
I've used the instructions from the ZA site to remove many left over
components after the automatic uninstall.  Then I used several
registry cleaners to chase down a few more entries in the registry.
Then I did a search of the registry for the last few (?) ZA entries.
And now I intend to run the machine for a few days without a firewall
just to see if the problems really are related to ZoneAlarm.

IF ... oh IF ... I can get a few days without problems, then I intend
to reinstall the older version.  Has anyone else had this experience
and would you have any further guidance for me?

Thanks in advance.

2. Distributed Interactive Simulation

3. ZA Pro 1.0122 to ZA Pro 2.688??

4. win 2k and win me

5. Zone Alarm vs ZA Pro (question to Rebeccah Prastein)

6. OSPF Routing loop?

7. [Fwd: Re: Zone Alarm vs ZA Pro (question to Rebeccah Prastein)]

8. ERD-RDISK...

9. What's the diff between ZA 2.6 and ZA Pro 2.6?

10. ZA Pro + ICS + win2kserver will not work ZA tech wont respond

11. ZA Pro with ZA free

12. Switched from ZA to ZA Pro - FTP no longer works

13. Differences betwee ZA and ZA Pro