blackice and netmeeting problem

Post by Frank Eich » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

since nobody answered my question, I'll try it once again:

is it possible to use netmeeting video streams without
switching security settings in bi from paranoid to nervous?
In paranoid mode there are lots of "udp port probe"
warnings and video streams can't be used at all.

As far as I know, it's not possible to open specific ports in
bi. Or am I wrong in this case?

Which ports must be open for ms netmeeting? How do I
have to configure it?

thanks in advance

kind regards
Frank

blackice and netmeeting problem

Post by wowshe » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

You are wrong -- BID does allow you to open specific ports.  Go to
networkice.com and search the faq for related posts to open specific ports.
It involves editing a text file.  If you need specific instructions write me
and ask and I will tell you exactly how.  As to the exact port numbers
needed for netmeeting there I cannot help you other than to suggest running
netstat and printing the results, disable BID, run netmeeting and connect,
while netmeeting is running and connected run netstat again and print
results -- compare 1st and 2nd print and you should see the new open ports.

Hope it helps

Quote:> Hi,

> since nobody answered my question, I'll try it once again:

> is it possible to use netmeeting video streams without
> switching security settings in bi from paranoid to nervous?
> In paranoid mode there are lots of "udp port probe"
> warnings and video streams can't be used at all.

> As far as I know, it's not possible to open specific ports in
> bi. Or am I wrong in this case?

> Which ports must be open for ms netmeeting? How do I
> have to configure it?

> thanks in advance

> kind regards
> Frank

1. blackice+zonealarm vs. netmeeting

Hi,

is it possible to use netmeeting video streams without
switching security settings in bi from paranoid to nervous?
In paranoid mode there are lots of "udp port probe"
warnings and video streams can't be used at all.

As far as I know, it's not possible to open specific ports in
bi. Or am I wrong in this case?

Which ports must be open for ms netmeeting? How do I
have to configure it?

thanks in advance

kind regards
Frank

2. help with ODBC error SQLAllocEnv

3. Norton Firewall and Netmeeting problems

4. ANN: RDF Schema for W3C's RDF-Schema WD

5. ZA netmeeting problem

6. Event Handler not Working in Composite Control

7. ZoneAlarm and Netmeeting problem

8. Looking for a good Virus check

9. WinProxy 3 and NetMeeting Problems

10. IPtables and NetMeeting problems

11. ZoneAlarm and Netmeeting problem

12. BlackIce / ZA or ZA / BlackIce?

13. BlackICE for Workstation / BlackICE for Server?