Please help with ZA Pro and XP Pro

Post by D. Rasmusse » Tue, 28 May 2002 15:55:01

I recently did a totally clean install of WinXP Pro,  and reinstalled ZA Pro
2.6.362.

Two new items are asking for permissions which were not there when I was
running WinME.

1. Generic Host Process for Win32 Services (svchost.exe)

2. Services and Controller app (services.exe)

I noticed that in order for me to browse the net I must allow item #1 to
connect.  But do I need to allow it server rights?

Also,  what should I do with item #2, allow connect or not?  Allow server or
not?

Please give me some insight to exactly what these 2 items are, and how I
should handle them in ZA.

Thanks for any help,
D. Rasmussen

Please help with ZA Pro and XP Pro

Post by Rick » Wed, 29 May 2002 00:06:29

Experimnent and see what happens.  I dont allow server and it works fine.

Quote:> I recently did a totally clean install of WinXP Pro,  and reinstalled ZA
Pro
> 2.6.362.

> Two new items are asking for permissions which were not there when I was
> running WinME.

> 1. Generic Host Process for Win32 Services (svchost.exe)

> 2. Services and Controller app (services.exe)

> I noticed that in order for me to browse the net I must allow item #1 to
> connect.  But do I need to allow it server rights?

> Also,  what should I do with item #2, allow connect or not?  Allow server
or
> not?

> Please give me some insight to exactly what these 2 items are, and how I
> should handle them in ZA.

> Thanks for any help,
> D. Rasmussen

Please help with ZA Pro and XP Pro

Post by Brenda Bel » Thu, 30 May 2002 12:44:05

Change the rights on a questionable program to "prompt me".  When you get
prompted, there'll be a button somewhere that let's you get more info.  It
will take you to an HTML page that describes what the program is, what it's
trying to do and why it's trying to access the Internet.  I know such a page
exists for the SCA... not sure about the other one... but after you read the
descriptions, you can decide for yourself what the right thing to do is.