Zone Alarm IE5.5 Crash

Post by Graeme Coate » Sun, 05 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Whenever I set the internet lock to be on, and then try to access tthe
internet using IE5.5, Zone Alarm (correctly) prevents access, but IE5.5 then
crashes saying an error has occured in the application and error logs are
being produced.

A crash surely shouldn't occur - am I correct in thinking it should come up
with a "page not found" error?

I wonder if anyone has had the same problem, and if there is a workaround?

System:

Athlon Tbird 700
128MB RAM
Win 2000 SP1
Zone Alarm 2.1.44
True Vector 2.1.44
IE 5.5 with all patches installed

--

Remove the spam to reply.

1. A QUICK QUESTION in regards to Win2k / IE5.01 / Zone Alarm 2.1.25......

Can anyone tell me what the 'Services and Controller app 5.00.2134.1'
and the 'Generic Host Process for Win32 Services 5.00.2134.1" are?
Should I allow them to pass through, or are they 'generically' named
processes for Big Brother Bill's Spying???

deFunkt

P.S. I'm not paranoid (well, maybe a little)  :P

2. LT winmodem faster than 44 K?

3. Zone Alarm Crashed System ???

4. ROMMON

5. zone alarm causing crashes??

6. Bad WB 2.0 Disk, Can someone help?

7. Zone alarm,zone alarm...so what

8. The UN says the results could be CATASTROPHIC!

9. Zone Alarm Pro? more like Zone Alarm PROblem!

10. Zone Alarm vs Zone Alarm Pro

11. Zone Alarm vs. Zone Alarm Pro?

12. Zone alarm or zone alarm pro?

13. Zone Alarm vs. Zone Alarm Pro