BlackICE for Workstation / BlackICE for Server?

BlackICE for Workstation / BlackICE for Server?

Post by BlueSeptembe » Tue, 22 May 2001 00:37:54

   Just installed win2k sp2, and have BlackICE updated to ci.   There are
these two versions of BlackICE: BlackICE for Workstation and BlackICE for
Servers.   Anyone noticed differences?

--
BlueSeptember.
-------------------------------------

BlackICE for Workstation / BlackICE for Server?

Post by Margaret Wilso » Tue, 22 May 2001 20:32:37

I haven't tried the server edition, but I'm contemplating purchasing ICEpaq
for our LAN, so I'd be interested in hearing about this, too.

Regards,

Margaret

Quote:>    Just installed win2k sp2, and have BlackICE updated to ci.   There are
> these two versions of BlackICE: BlackICE for Workstation and BlackICE for
> Servers.   Anyone noticed differences?

> --
> BlueSeptember.
> -------------------------------------
> ---   Make Sure Reply to   ----------
> BlueSeptember -at- yahoo.com
> -------------------------------------
> ++++   Quote of the Day   +++++++++++
> -------------------------------------
> "A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on."
> - Samual Goldwyn
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1. Free BlackICE Agent for Workstation (PC Protection)!

Free BlackICE Agent for Workstation (PC Protection)!

NOTE: If you are a college-level student, read on; otherwise, you can ignore
this message.

X-ForceTM Internet Watch (XFIW)
================================

Help improve Internet security while protecting the privacy of your PC. Join
Internet Security Systems' X-ForceTM Internet Watch program and get your
FREE limited license version of BlackICE Agent for
Workstation.

*** This offer is only available to college-level students ***

It's your opportunity to help make the Internet a safer place for everyone.

Why participate in XFIW?
------------------------

Participation in XFIW does the following for you and the Internet community:

- Protects your computer from the potential harms of the Internet
- Prevents your computer from contributing to the spread of worms/trojans to
other computer systems
- Prevents your computer from being used by malicious hackers as a platform
for creating havoc on other Internet systems
- XFIW participants are notified of the latest threats that face their
computers daily
- Puts you in touch with other program participants who have the same
Internet security concerns as you do

Visit http://xfiw.iss.net for more details.

Sincerely,

XFIW Program Staff

2. Can't compile Sendmail/rmail

3. BlackIce / ZA or ZA / BlackIce?

4. Does AOL use TAPI?

5. BlackIce Defender 1.9.4 <-- BlackIce can be shut down remotely!!!

6. How do change IIS Account adonet

7. BlackICE PC & Server

8. Pocket PC freezes all the time - IPAQ 3850

9. how to setting blackice at the lan server?

10. Win2K Server, BlackICE Defender & Zone Alarm Pro

11. BlackIce, Proxy Server 2.0, and Exchange

12. BlackICE: Opening port 119 for News Server.

13. Using SNTP time servers with BlackICE?