Unbinding TCP/IP

Post by lthigdo » Sat, 27 Apr 2002 01:32:10

I have a question. On my laptop, I have attempted to unbind TCP/IP from
client for Microsoft Network and Microsoft Family Logon from all network
adapters. While I can access the internet via dialup without problem, I
cannot access my company's network unless TCP/IP-> Fixed Port PC Card is
bound to the above. Because of our proxy server, my security is not an
issue. But, when dialing directly into the net via my dialup account, my
NetBIOS port is open. The only way to get around this is to use a PFW when
dialing up from outside the network. I suspect there is no way around this,
if I want to be able to have access to my network. Am I correct?

--
Peace,

Lee Higdon

Unbinding TCP/IP

Post by keezdrive » Sat, 27 Apr 2002 04:52:52

> I have a question. On my laptop, I have attempted to unbind TCP/IP from
> client for Microsoft Network and Microsoft Family Logon from all network
> adapters. While I can access the internet via dialup without problem, I
> cannot access my company's network unless TCP/IP-> Fixed Port PC Card is
> bound to the above. Because of our proxy server, my security is not an
> issue. But, when dialing directly into the net via my dialup account, my
> NetBIOS port is open. The only way to get around this is to use a PFW when
> dialing up from outside the network. I suspect there is no way around
> this, if I want to be able to have access to my network. Am I correct?

> --
> Peace,

> Lee Higd

Do it thru My Computer - Dial-Up Networking - right click "Your Connection"
- properties - tab Server Types - make sure  that the only protocol allowed
is TCP/IP
--
Michael T
Don't blame me, I didn't vote for him!

Unbinding TCP/IP

Post by lthigdo » Sat, 27 Apr 2002 05:32:56

> > I have a question. On my laptop, I have attempted to unbind TCP/IP from
> > client for Microsoft Network and Microsoft Family Logon from all network
> > adapters. While I can access the internet via dialup without problem, I
> > cannot access my company's network unless TCP/IP-> Fixed Port PC Card is
> > bound to the above. Because of our proxy server, my security is not an
> > issue. But, when dialing directly into the net via my dialup account, my
> > NetBIOS port is open. The only way to get around this is to use a PFW
when
> > dialing up from outside the network. I suspect there is no way around
> > this, if I want to be able to have access to my network. Am I correct?

> > --
> > Peace,

> > Lee Higd
> Do it thru My Computer - Dial-Up Networking - right click "Your
Connection"
> - properties - tab Server Types - make sure  that the only protocol
allowed
> is TCP/IP
> --

That doesn't appear to be the problem; only TCP/IP is selected.

--
Peace,

Lee Higdon

1. Q: Can microsoft TCP/IP be modified easily to bypass the duplicate IP # check

I'm trying to break security on a product we're writing.  I figure
that I can do it by pretending I'm a TCP/IP #  of a machine which is
already logged on to the Microsoft network.  However, MS is too smart
for that; they check for duplicate IPs.  Is there a way to bypass this
check?

2. Epson GQ-3500 Won't print from Windows, Help

3. 137 tcp, 138 tcp and 139 tcp - all "LISTENING" on standalone PC?

4. spaghetti code

5. BCMSN

6. TCP/IP Stack security testing..

7. Orchid ET4000 driver problem (on SpeedStar)

8. TCP/IP vs NETBEUI protocol

9. TCP/IP connection cutter for IPTables

10. question on B1 & B2 security with respect to TCP/IP stack.

11. Looking for tools to read TCP IP data packet

12. Excessive TCP/IP Port Probe - Network Access from my servers