Is There A Program To Lock Out Directories

Is There A Program To Lock Out Directories

Post by databa.. » Mon, 18 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>I have one computer at home that the whole family uses. (windows95) I am
>looking for a way to restrict access of certain directories. I use to use a
>program in windows3.1 that you could lock out specific windows with a pass
>word. If anyone has any information in this reguards I would appreciate your
>help.

Mid-April '96, Our company will be releasing a beta version of 'Lock-em Out',
this program enables any administrator of a PC to visually set security for
multiple users on a single computer. There are close to 50 security settings
and options to choose from, and the program runs without any TSR, etc...

If you are interested in being a beta tester this program, please send E-Mail

and E-Mail address so we can contact you with more information.

Is There A Program To Lock Out Directories

Does it do LOSE95 and NT ?

Post by Mike Lawrenc » Thu, 28 Mar 1996 04:00:00

> Does it do LOSE95 and NT ?

> > >I have one computer at home that the whole family uses. (windows95) I am
> > >looking for a way to restrict access of certain directories. I use to use a
> > >program in windows3.1 that you could lock out specific windows with a pass
> > >word. If anyone has any information in this reguards I would appreciate your
> > >help.

> > Mid-April '96, Our company will be releasing a beta version of 'Lock-em Out',
> > this program enables any administrator of a PC to visually set security for
> > multiple users on a single computer. There are close to 50 security settings
> > and options to choose from, and the program runs without any TSR, etc...

> > If you are interested in being a beta tester this program, please send E-Mail

> > and E-Mail address so we can contact you with more information.

The best way I 've found to stop someone from getting access
to your Windows PC is an inexpensive software package
called IconHideIt. It provides:
1. Total protection of all your directories
2. Stops other users from deleting anything
3. Privacy for each user
4. Only people authorized by you can use your PC

The Url is http://www.mclellansoft.com/iconhideit/
or 1-800-794-5679

Hope this helps!
-Mike

1. Needed - a program for locking a Directory with a password

A colleague of mine needs a resident program that will allow
her to password limit all access to directories containing
sensitive information that will work from Windows 3 applications,
especially Lotus 123.  I found a program on SimTel that worked
in DOS, but crashed in Windows.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
Please email as well as post this information.

Thanks.

--
Karen Tellefsen

Home Page - http://www.mordor.com/kat/karen.html

2. Printing from Dos in Windows

3. Is There A Program To Lock Out Directories

4. server locking up or slowing down

5. Accout Lock outs

6. W2k + Fax + Voicemail - 1 or 2 modems - Software suggestions?

7. QUESTION: How lock directories.

8. Symmetrix EMC2 5200

9. Lock user into one directory?

10. Re Locking out of directories

11. I am looking for a program.

12. RFI: Looking for a program that will encrypt entire directories

13. Directory Password Program for Windows