Any good Win95 SSL / SSH enabled telnet clients ?

Any good Win95 SSL / SSH enabled telnet clients ?

Post by Udhay Shankar » Wed, 17 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I need to connect to a Linux box from work. This box allows only SSL /
SSH encrypted connections. The office I work at is a Microsoft shop.
Are there any good SSH / SSL enabled telnet clients available for
Windows 95 ? I am aware of
Teraterm<http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/> and its extensions,
but I was looking at evaluating various packages.

Thanks!
--
Udhay Shankar N, team Unimedia
http://www.unimedia.net

Any good Win95 SSL / SSH enabled telnet clients ?

Post by Gary Smit » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I think SecureCRT might suit you, but I haven't actually looked at it
myself.  CRT is a damn good telnet proggie though.

You can get it via Tucows.

--Gary;

Post by Gorazd Bozi » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> I need to connect to a Linux box from work. This box allows only SSL /
> SSH encrypted connections. The office I work at is a Microsoft shop.
> Are there any good SSH / SSL enabled telnet clients available for
> Windows 95 ? I am aware of
> Teraterm<http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/> and its extensions,
> but I was looking at evaluating various packages.

You might want to try SecureCRT. For commercial version, I would
recommend F-Secure SSH from Data Fellows (www.datafellows.com).

Gorazd

Post by Mohammad Rizal Othma » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> > I need to connect to a Linux box from work. This box allows only SSL /
> > SSH encrypted connections. The office I work at is a Microsoft shop.
> > Are there any good SSH / SSL enabled telnet clients available for
> > Windows 95 ? I am aware of
> > Teraterm<http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/> and its extensions,
> > but I was looking at evaluating various packages.

> You might want to try SecureCRT. For commercial version, I would
> recommend F-Secure SSH from Data Fellows (www.datafellows.com).

> Gorazd

I've been using this http://public.srce.hr/~cigaly/ssh/ and am satisfied
with it.

Mohd. Rizal Othman           |  Tel: 603-9665000 x 4010
Systems Engineer             |  my $os =~ s/Windows/UNIX/:
MIMOS BHD                    |  Get out of the Windows, get into the
real world