Omg I have gone crazy help With ZA pro and win2kserver ICS

Omg I have gone crazy help With ZA pro and win2kserver ICS

Post by ed.. » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 01:43:06

addresses from them, I was one of the first in my city to get cable
modem.  Setup is win2kserver with 2 nics in it one to cable modem the
other to local lan.  Once client with one nic connected to lan
 I have just installed win2kserver and have ICS running on it. one
client connected at this time.  everything seemed to be running fine
untill I put ZA Pro on the server...... now it has hosed up the client
and the server.  I have tried numerous things to no avail, I have read
ZA's little paragrahp on setting up ICS nothing seems to help.

Does anyone have this working?  I eventually would like to have 3
clients connected this way but i want some protection.

Do I need to run ZA Pro on all machines? or just the Server?

Thanks for your help
Charlie

Omg I have gone crazy help With ZA pro and win2kserver ICS

Post by John Clemen » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 04:09:23

I am using ZA according to their instructions on an ME machine with ICS.
Basically you have to set protection to Medium on the server.  Their
alternate instructions do not seem to work.  In addition you have to allow
ICS to have access.  This question is asked on the server the first time
that the client machine tries to access the Internet.  Look at the rules,
and make sure that you have not forbidden ICS access.  ICS is tricky, as
some firewalls do kill it even when they are supposedly off.  The only thing
you appear to lose with medium security is the ability to make your machine
stealth.  Outside machines can tell you are there, but they can't get in.
In stealth mode, your machine does not even respond, so others can not tell
you are there.

If you run ZA on just the server machine, you will have protection from
outside attack for all machines.  However if you want to be able to detect
Trojan horses on the other machines, then you need to install ZA on them
also.  Again medium security would be appropriate, and high security really
will buy you nothing extra on client machines.

> addresses from them, I was one of the first in my city to get cable
> modem.  Setup is win2kserver with 2 nics in it one to cable modem the
> other to local lan.  Once client with one nic connected to lan
>  I have just installed win2kserver and have ICS running on it. one
> client connected at this time.  everything seemed to be running fine
> untill I put ZA Pro on the server...... now it has hosed up the client
> and the server.  I have tried numerous things to no avail, I have read
> ZA's little paragrahp on setting up ICS nothing seems to help.

> Does anyone have this working?  I eventually would like to have 3
> clients connected this way but i want some protection.

> Do I need to run ZA Pro on all machines? or just the Server?

> Thanks for your help
> Charlie

1. ZA Pro + ICS + win2kserver will not work ZA tech wont respond

Hello, I have been trying to run ZA pro on a win2k server with ICS. I am on the

Followed the instructions on ZA's Site to the T.  I can not get this to work.
Every time I put ZA pro on it I lose and DNS resolution and cant get anywhere.

I even have to uninstall ZA to get DNS back

Does anyone have this working?  Please let me know how.

I sent a email to ZA tech support, how long does it take for them to get back to
you?

Thanks
Chalie

(remove nospam to reply)

2. BPCS Documentation

3. NetBIOS Datagram block in Win2kserver and ZA pro

4. PPTP VPN +XBOX = Playing HALO multi-user over the internet

5. Please help with ZA Pro and XP Pro

6. Q: what's wrong with my modem ?

7. ZA Pro 1.0122 to ZA Pro 2.688??

8. Calcomp 25180 digitizer in Windows 95

9. Netguard GuardianPro - I'm going crazy

10. ZA Pro needed for ICS?

11. ZA - Hub, ICS problem with client machine, help!

12. am having trouble with ZA free, any version

13. ZA 2.6 Pro vs. ZA 3.5 (Free) Reinstall Problems