1. Conseal PD vs. AtGuard: Questions
I've been lurking here for a while trying to decide on a personal firewall
to use with Win98. I think I have narrowed down my choices to the two in
the subject line. It seems both offer relatively good protection and are
easy for the relative novice to configure and use. However, I have a few
questions that I was hoping some of you could answer. I checked on deja.com
and on the websites for these two products and haven't found the answers.
1) Is the new version of AtGuard (3.21) now considered a 'true' firewall--in
other words, does it now have the ability to block all the same types of
data packets that Signal 9 says Conseal can (TCP, UDP, ICMP, NetBEUI, IPX,
ARP, IMGP, etc.)?
2) Can AtGuard be run with IE5 without conflict? The AtGuard tech FAQ
indicates there is an error accessing the settings in AtGuard when running
IE5. Or is this only a problem under Win NT?
3) Can Conseal PD be set to block refer fields and pop-up scripts like
AtGuard? (can I write or establish rules to do this?) If not, does anyone
know of an app that will block refer fields? (I know there are many that
4) Do either of these products have the ability to use two separate rule
sets (one more and one less restrictive)?
5) Will there be any conflicts running either of these with AVP (antiviral
Thanks for any help you can give on these questions. It will help me make
my final decision. I would choose Conseal PC Firewall over these two, but
until I know more about firewalls and rule sets, I think I would prefer to
use AtGuard or PD.
remove "--nospam--" to reply by e-mail.
2. DOS/BIOS direct Floppy access
3. BlackIce Defender vs ConSeal PD
4. comp.lang.c Answers (Abridged) to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
5. AtGuard vs. Conseal vs. ZoneAlarm for outgoing data
6. database connection error
7. AtGuard vs Black Ice vs Conseal ...??
8. EASTERN BLOC Mail Order Bride 14: NO TELL HOTEL (International Dating)
9. LockDown 2000 vs AtGuard vs Conseal PC FireWall
10. Guard Dog vs. Conseal PD and Black Ice Def?
11. www.secure-me-net vs. ConSeal PD
12. Conseal PD vs. Firewall
13. ConSeal PD vs. Firewall?