mcafee firewall

Post by gary » Sun, 11 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I saw the mcafee standalone firewall on the pc store shelf today for
25 bucks. Is this the original Conseal firewall? It looks like it was
made to be so user friendly that rule setting is done automatically.
The opposite of the Conseal version.

Any comments on this software appreciated. Thank you.

mcafee firewall

Post by Dere » Sun, 11 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Its the old Conseal Personal desktop not firewall

>I saw the mcafee standalone firewall on the pc store shelf today for
>25 bucks. Is this the original Conseal firewall? It looks like it was
>made to be so user friendly that rule setting is done automatically.
>The opposite of the Conseal version.

>Any comments on this software appreciated. Thank you.

mcafee firewall

Post by Bre » Sun, 11 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi Gary,
It is the former ConSeal Private DeskTop by Signal9, it is extremely easy
to setup and use. You choose to allow or block the applications.  I use
it, its great.

Bre

> I saw the mcafee standalone firewall on the pc store shelf today for
> 25 bucks. Is this the original Conseal firewall? It looks like it was
> made to be so user friendly that rule setting is done automatically.
> The opposite of the Conseal version.

> Any comments on this software appreciated. Thank you.

mcafee firewall

Post by Gary Hasle » Sun, 11 Jun 2000 04:00:00

 As stated it is the former Conseal. I bought it yesterday and it appears to
work very well. You need to disable Netbios over tcp in the system/dial up
adaptor properties along with Ident ( in the program settings ) and you will
get full stealth.

Quote:> I saw the mcafee standalone firewall on the pc store shelf today for
> 25 bucks. Is this the original Conseal firewall? It looks like it was
> made to be so user friendly that rule setting is done automatically.
> The opposite of the Conseal version.

> Any comments on this software appreciated. Thank you.

mcafee firewall

Post by gary » Sun, 11 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I saw the mcafee standalone firewall on the pc store shelf today for
>25 bucks. Is this the original Conseal firewall? It looks like it was
>made to be so user friendly that rule setting is done automatically.
>The opposite of the Conseal version.

>Any comments on this software appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you for all the replies. I am going to buy it today. I know that
Conseal was a top of the line product before McAfee consumed it and I
am willing to give it a try.

Thanks again.

1. McAfee Firewall works but McAfee Personal Firewall blocks...

Hi group :

Can anybody tell me the difference between McAfee Personal Firewall and
McAfee Firewall?  The Personal Firewall version worked fine for me until I
recently ran the update, which totally blocks my Internet connection. I
can't get the previous version back as this is run directly from the McAfee
site. I know others have had the same problem - has anybody found the fix?
McAfee hasn't replied to my e mail as yet.  I'm on Win98, cable access.

Also, as I had previously figured it would be good to have the CD ROM as a
back-up, I arranged to have it sent over (I'm outside the US). I discovered
the CD ROM is called McAfee Firewall v 2.10 -  but it works fine on my
system. I'm confused as to the difference between the two, why one works and
the other doesn't. Unless MF is a non updated version of MPF, although it
looks slightly different from the MPF product.

Thanks to anybody who can enlighten me.

2. Netmeeting Video problem

3. Better than McAfee Firewall but McAfee compatible?

4. pine 3.96 and mesg (y|n) (feature request)

5. McAfee Firewall, no mention of it at www.mcafee

6. Advantages of Vuescan vs DS Dual3 Utility

7. Mcafee firewall vs Zonealarm (free)

8. Where to buy Alpha CPU and MB in Europe?

9. McAfee Firewall 3.0 vs 4.0

10. McAfee Firewall

11. Mcafee Firewall V3 free with uk mag.

12. How to open a specific local port on a computer protected by McAfee Firewall 4?

13. Any1 got Mcafee firewall 4 to work with sygate home network