Q&A Write

Post by Kurt Levita » Tue, 05 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have a client with a hundred Q&A Write documents.  Is there any easy way
(or not so easy?) to convert them to Word format?

Thanks!

Kurt Levitan

Q&A Write

Post by Bob Buckland ?:- » Tue, 05 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi Kurt,

Q&A for Windows or DOS?  If for DOS they can save the documents
in WordPerfect format and Word can open those. I don't recall
what save as (export) formats Q&A Win supported offhand.
There is also a 3rd party converter at http://www.blueberry.com

--
~~~~~~~~~
Hope that helps,

Bob  Buckland  ?:-)
http://go.compuserve.com/MSWord
  MS Office/Word MVP

 *Courtesy is not expensive and it pays big dividends*

Q&A Write

Post by Stan » Mon, 11 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I used Q&A for years-- great program!

Word for Word Professional will convert en masse.  A few files will not
convert, but generally does a good job.  Stan.
Delete "nospam" when replying

Q&A Write

Post by Bob Buckland ?:- » Mon, 11 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi Stan,

Do you know of a source for Word-for-Word  (the Q&A package
converters are from that package).  Since Mastersoft sold
to Adobe which sold them to Inso and Inso stopped selling
end user converters the product has been a bit hard to find :)
It would be great to know of a place where it can be found.

  <<I used Q&A for years-- great program!

Word for Word Professional will convert en masse.  A few files will not
convert, but generally does a good job.  Stan.>>
--
~~~~~~~~~
Hope that helps,

Bob  Buckland  ?:-)
http://go.compuserve.com/MSWord
  MS Office/Word MVP

 *Courtesy is not expensive and it pays big dividends*

Q&A Write

Post by Bob Buckland ?:- » Mon, 11 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi Stan,

The folks at Symantec and I are old friends on Q&A :)

There was some talk at one time that Inso might spin
MasterSoft off again and that they would revive their
converter packages, but it didn't happen as far as I
know.  Thought perhaps you'd seen a recent listing for
Word-for-Word.

FWIW, the Q&A Users group is still active
at http://www.QAug.com

 <<Do not know, but if I find out I will post. There are outfits I've heard
of
that sell dated software at discount.  Have you tried a search engine?  Also
try Symantec bulletin board-- they don't support Q&A anymore, but Symantec
has
great support (unlike MS) and they may be helpful. Stan.>>

Q&A Write

Post by Stan » Tue, 12 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Do not know, but if I find out I will post. There are outfits I've heard of
that sell dated software at discount.  Have you tried a search engine?  Also
try Symantec bulletin board-- they don't support Q&A anymore, but Symantec has
great support (unlike MS) and they may be helpful. Stan.
Delete "nospam" when replying

1. Q&A converted to Access97 (Was: Q&A program conversion problem)

Shelly,

I had the same problem and successfully converted a Q&A database over
to then Access 95...   I don't remember the name of the conversion
program but if you go to www.symantec.com, you should be able to find
it.  That's what I did.   Q&A was discontinued a while back but the
conversion program should still be there.
The only consequence is if you made a bunch of index files in Q&A,
you'll  lose them.

Dave

2. Access Auto Correct

3. how to convert q&a write to word 6 doc ?

4. internal error 2711.HtaMedia

5. How do I write a macro that writes a macro into another file?

6. Number of Items in a Folder

7. Can I write code to.....write code????

8. TCP/IP Messages

9. Can write in but can't write out

10. Writing to text file with Write #1

11. Convert String-buffer-written binary field to Byte-array-written binary field?

12. Easy way to switch between tech writing and business writing modes?

13. Convert String-buffer-written binary field to Byte-array-written binary field?