Record has been Changed by another user and must be re-edited

Record has been Changed by another user and must be re-edited

Post by Marty Bostic » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I am getting the following error in Access 97 when trying to update a
query from a local Access Table joined equally to a linked SQL Server
table with proper permissions:

"This record has been changed by another user since you started editing
it.  If you save the record, you will overwrite the changes the other
user made."

Please help.  This is causing major problems for my company.

Thanks

Record has been Changed by another user and must be re-edited

Post by Kathlee » Fri, 02 Jun 2000 04:00:00

See the post "Write Conflict" on 5/21/2000

Quote:> I am getting the following error in Access 97 when trying to update a
> query from a local Access Table joined equally to a linked SQL Server
> table with proper permissions:

> "This record has been changed by another user since you started editing
> it.  If you save the record, you will overwrite the changes the other
> user made."

> Please help.  This is causing major problems for my company.

> Thanks

Record has been Changed by another user and must be re-edited

Post by PC developmen » Thu, 15 Jun 2000 04:00:00

As the "Write Conflict" post of 5/21/2000 is no longer available, any chance
of repeating the jist of what it said?

Kate B

> See the post "Write Conflict" on 5/21/2000

> > I am getting the following error in Access 97 when trying to update a
> > query from a local Access Table joined equally to a linked SQL Server
> > table with proper permissions:

> > "This record has been changed by another user since you started editing
> > it.  If you save the record, you will overwrite the changes the other
> > user made."

> > Please help.  This is causing major problems for my company.

> > Thanks

Record has been Changed by another user and must be re-edited

Post by Evert Timme » Thu, 06 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Maybe the rows in the resultset are not unique so that the same record's get
updated a couple of times ?

> As the "Write Conflict" post of 5/21/2000 is no longer available, any
chance
> of repeating the jist of what it said?

> Kate B

> > See the post "Write Conflict" on 5/21/2000

> > > I am getting the following error in Access 97 when trying to update a
> > > query from a local Access Table joined equally to a linked SQL Server
> > > table with proper permissions:

> > > "This record has been changed by another user since you started
editing
> > > it.  If you save the record, you will overwrite the changes the other
> > > user made."

> > > Please help.  This is causing major problems for my company.

> > > Thanks

Record has been Changed by another user and must be re-edited

Post by Marie-France Ouime » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
I get the same message in the same situation... I found a solution for a
part of the problem.  If you had yes/no field type in Access before upsizing
your back-end, SQL replaced the 0 for "null" values.  This makes SQL think
that there has been changes since the last update.  All you have to do is
replace all the "null" for 0 in the bit fields.
Hope this help!
I still have the problem but not for the same reasons, there must be another
similar cause...I'm working on it since last week, if anyone has answers,
please send it to me, i've tried a lot of things, I'm running out of ideas.
MF

> Maybe the rows in the resultset are not unique so that the same record's
get
> updated a couple of times ?

> > As the "Write Conflict" post of 5/21/2000 is no longer available, any
> chance
> > of repeating the jist of what it said?

> > Kate B

> > > See the post "Write Conflict" on 5/21/2000

Server

> editing

Record has been Changed by another user and must be re-edited

Post by gia » Fri, 07 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Try the "microsoft.public.access.odbcclientsvr" board, I think
Jun 4 is where the thread ends.

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

Record has been Changed by another user and must be re-edited

Post by Josiah Smit » Thu, 03 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I also found the same info about the null bit fields, but just a couple of
days ago I figured out what it seems like the real problem was.  In the
tables I was having problems with I had some default values specified.  When
I created a new record and only updated certain fields, then when that was
inserted into the server table the default values were added.  Then my guess
is that the resync command re-looked up the table and found those fields
with the default values different from what they were before.  Maybe this
will help?

Josiah Smith

> Hello,
> I get the same message in the same situation... I found a solution for a
> part of the problem.  If you had yes/no field type in Access before
upsizing
> your back-end, SQL replaced the 0 for "null" values.  This makes SQL think
> that there has been changes since the last update.  All you have to do is
> replace all the "null" for 0 in the bit fields.
> Hope this help!
> I still have the problem but not for the same reasons, there must be
another
> similar cause...I'm working on it since last week, if anyone has answers,
> please send it to me, i've tried a lot of things, I'm running out of
ideas.
> MF

> > Maybe the rows in the resultset are not unique so that the same record's
> get
> > updated a couple of times ?

> > > As the "Write Conflict" post of 5/21/2000 is no longer available, any
> > chance
> > > of repeating the jist of what it said?

> > > Kate B

> Server

> > editing
> other

1. Record has been Changed by another user and must be re-edited

I am getting the following error in Access 97 when trying to update a
query from a local Access Table joined equally to a linked SQL Server
table with proper permissions:

"This record has been changed by another user since you started editing
it.  If you save the record, you will overwrite the changes the other
user made."

Please help.  This is causing major problems for my company.

Thanks

2. office assistant

3. Mirrored Excel Doc.

4. hyperlinks to Web addresses don't work

5. I am attempting to change a default setting and am lost

6. Networking outlook

7. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

8. I am having problems with user level security

9. Pan Am Song ( was missing on my previous post" On Pan Am wings" )

10. OK So I am not a programmer...but I am cute.

11. I am still very inexperienced with Acsess and am just a bit lost, Help!