Batch Update Problem via ODBC

Post by Joan Moryki » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Anyone have any suggestions for solving a batch update problem: My code
is basically as follows:
Set wrkMain = CreateWorkspace("ODBCWorkspace",  "admin", "", dbUseODBC)
Set wkconn = wrkMain.OpenConnection("dbname",   dbDriverNoPrompt, False,
_
  "ODBC;DATABASE=dbname;UID=sa;PWD=;DSN=remote")
 Set rst = wkconn.OpenRecordset( "SELECT * FROM dbtable", dbOpenDynaset,
0, _
 dbOptimisticBatch)
 With rst
  Do While Not .EOF
   .Edit
   'do stuff
   .Update
   .MoveNext
  Loop
.Update dbUpdateBatch

I always get a message that OODBC Call failed.

1. batch Updates via ODBC Direct

I'm trying to test out batch updating using ODBCDirect. However, when I
try to execute the command:

rst.Update dbUpdateBatch

for my recordset (rst), I consistently get an "ODBC Failed" message with
a return code of 3146. A search of the Knowledge base suggested checking
to make sure the ODBC version is current (it is). Any suggestions? TIA

2. Blocked Senders List

3. batch updates via form

4. D LookUp

5. Protect Access database in a Network

6. ODBC Update/Insert Problem Access97 ODBC driver

7. Running Macros

8. update of record fails for table linked to sqlserver via odbc

9. Updating ODBC linked table via code

10. Reading via ODBC, direct updates do not show up

11. updating tables via a ODBC link

12. Updating data to an ODBC table via code...