Print specified date range of view (Print view)

Print specified date range of view (Print view)

Post by Lesley Rooyakker » Sat, 08 Dec 2001 01:29:25

I have been trying to allow a user to, from a view, enter in the date(s)
of interest, and then print the view - including all totals,
sub-totals.  I have tried via LS, but I cannot find a way to select
multiple documents to do a printview.  Specifying a date range in
printview is only for calendar views.  I cannot use a calendar view
because of the categorizing (sub-totals) that I need.

Lesley

Print specified date range of view (Print view)

Post by ze » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 08:55:15

right corner of design pane that usually says "modify documents") set
to "select documents in view". a sequence of agents (take input,
select, print) could do the trick..

> I have been trying to allow a user to, from a view, enter in the date(s)
> of interest, and then print the view - including all totals,
> sub-totals.  I have tried via LS, but I cannot find a way to select
> multiple documents to do a printview.  Specifying a date range in
> printview is only for calendar views.  I cannot use a calendar view
> because of the categorizing (sub-totals) that I need.

> Lesley

Print specified date range of view (Print view)

Post by marj » Sun, 09 Dec 2001 23:19:26

Can you go into more details..
thanks

> right corner of design pane that usually says "modify documents") set
> to "select documents in view". a sequence of agents (take input,
> select, print) could do the trick..

Quote:> > I have been trying to allow a user to, from a view, enter in the date(s)
> > of interest, and then print the view - including all totals,
> > sub-totals.  I have tried via LS, but I cannot find a way to select
> > multiple documents to do a printview.  Specifying a date range in
> > printview is only for calendar views.  I cannot use a calendar view
> > because of the categorizing (sub-totals) that I need.

> > Lesley

Print specified date range of view (Print view)

Post by ze » Mon, 10 Dec 2001 08:41:29

Quote:> Can you go into more details..

sure!

you'll need four agents.

#1 collects user input (date1 and date2) and puts them into

communicate this info on to the next agent)

#2 has a formula to the effect of

SELECT date > date1 & date < date2;

for agent #2 select "select documents in view" for its action

#3 performs the action, in your case prints selected documents

#4 is used to call the three agents one by one

let me know if you need more details..

zr

--
new on http://forums.notesnet.com/
get notified when someone responds to your posts!