@DbColumn-problem (R5)

Post by Inge Opsome » Fri, 21 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I have the following situation in my application :
on a form in my database the user can choose a supplier, this happens with a

My problem now is the fact that my data who has to come in the box is to big
(more then 64k) and the application won't run.
Does anyone know how you can solve the problem with to big data for a
DbColumn-function. I think some of you also had this problem.

I hope I get some reply, Thanks !

@DbColumn-problem (R5)

Post by T. Sander » Fri, 21 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Maybe you can create a view and use the "use view dialog for choices" in
stead of a formula

Inge Opsomer heeft geschreven in bericht

>Hello,

>I have the following situation in my application :
>on a form in my database the user can choose a supplier, this happens with

>My problem now is the fact that my data who has to come in the box is to
big
>(more then 64k) and the application won't run.
>Does anyone know how you can solve the problem with to big data for a
>DbColumn-function. I think some of you also had this problem.

>I hope I get some reply, Thanks !

@DbColumn-problem (R5)

Post by Inge Opsome » Fri, 21 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for your reply,
but how can I do that because in the propertybox of my combox I have 2
option to make my choices,namely : "enter choices (one per line)" and "use
formula for choices" !!
I'll hope you reply me, Inge.

> Maybe you can create a view and use the "use view dialog for choices" in
> stead of a formula

> Inge Opsomer heeft geschreven in bericht

> >Hello,

> >I have the following situation in my application :
> >on a form in my database the user can choose a supplier, this happens
with

> >My problem now is the fact that my data who has to come in the box is to
> big
> >(more then 64k) and the application won't run.
> >Does anyone know how you can solve the problem with to big data for a
> >DbColumn-function. I think some of you also had this problem.

> >I hope I get some reply, Thanks !

@DbColumn-problem (R5)

Post by pau » Fri, 21 Jul 2000 04:00:00

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:23:05 +0200, "Inge Opsomer"

paul

>Thanks for your reply,
>but how can I do that because in the propertybox of my combox I have 2
>option to make my choices,namely : "enter choices (one per line)" and "use
>formula for choices" !!
>I'll hope you reply me, Inge.

>> Maybe you can create a view and use the "use view dialog for choices" in
>> stead of a formula

>> Inge Opsomer heeft geschreven in bericht

>> >Hello,

>> >I have the following situation in my application :
>> >on a form in my database the user can choose a supplier, this happens
>with

>> >My problem now is the fact that my data who has to come in the box is to
>> big
>> >(more then 64k) and the application won't run.
>> >Does anyone know how you can solve the problem with to big data for a
>> >DbColumn-function. I think some of you also had this problem.

>> >I hope I get some reply, Thanks !

@DbColumn-problem (R5)

Post by T. Sander » Fri, 21 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I've seen that before! Unfortunately I cannot give an aswer to that. You
should have 5 options there, but I have experienced a similar situation that
three of them dissapeared and the two you mention were left. This happend
after replication. Try deleting the field, including the fields in your
documents and re-create it. Or, if you loose vital information that way,
just create a new field and see if all five options are there again and move
the info from the old to the new fields.

not have the 64K problem like you)

Good luck!
Tom
BTW: if you find a better solution, I would love to hear from it....