GroupWise vs. Notes vs. Exchange/Outlook vs. Netscape Mail

GroupWise vs. Notes vs. Exchange/Outlook vs. Netscape Mail

Post by Volo » Sun, 05 Mar 2000 04:00:00

The company I work for will be migrating to a new mail system in a few months,
be we aren't sure which one to go to.  We've narrowed the choices down to:

* Lotus Notes (or Notes Mail)
* Microsoft Exchange (Outlook)
* Novell GroupWise
* Netscape Mail

We currently use cc:Mail.

I'd like constructive, knowledgable, non-sales-hyped comments/suggestions
please, based upon your experience.

How difficult is the administration/maintenance?
What kind of downtimes can we expect?
Can the post office/mailboxes be repaired, or must I resort to restoration only?
Are there too many bugs in the current version to bother with it?
How buggy are the desktop clients?
What features do you like/dislike?

I am one of the mail administrators at my company, with over 5 years experience
with cc:Mail, and have also worked at Lotus providing technical support for
cc:Mail.  So, I am generally familiar with e-mail front-end and back-end.

Thank you very much in advance.

1. Note:NT vs OS2 vs UNIX vs NETWARE

Our site curtreny us Netware 3.12&4.1, 50 users, IPX, WIN3.1 .
We are in process to implemet notes on a dedicate server .

We are looking for the right NOS (notes server), who sutes are needs
take in consderation the follwing paramets:
        1.Performenc
        2.support the curent envieorment
        3.Futuer devolpemt
        3.Simple implemention
        4.Cost

        Eli Segal

2. POTS -> Digital (PCM) Cards

3. Notes vs. Exchange vs. WWW

4. Generate white noise in Simulink

5. Notes.Admin VS Notes.Dev VS Notes.Jobs

6. Netware 4.1auditing

7. RDBMS-based Intranet groupware products vs Notes : RDBMS vs proprietary

8. corruption after database restore

9. RDBMS-based Intranet groupware products vs Notes : RDBMS vs proprietary doc. storage

10. Notes vs. WWW = GM vs. US Interstate Highway System

11. Workflow Products: Notes vs Filenet vs Delrina

12. Ms Exchange/Outlook vs Lotus Domino/Notes