Lotus Notes vs Excel (Error : String Too Large !)

Lotus Notes vs Excel (Error : String Too Large !)

Post by Cyru » Fri, 27 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I wrote a Lotus Script in Action Button.  It process the view information
and create an excel object.  Then, the processed information is passed to
excel spreadsheet.

My problem is that, after I finish all the instructions in Script, it
called the SaveAs dialog box to allow user to specify the file name.
Finally, the file will be saved.  After that, an error message ("String Too
Large!") prompt in Lotus Environment.  When I processed the script in debug
mode, I stepped into all scripts, it is fine.  i.e. the error message only
comes out when the script is running in non-debug mode.

Any one who got idea about this ?
Please sent me the details.

Thanks in advance

Cyrus

1. GroupWise vs. Notes vs. Exchange/Outlook vs. Netscape Mail

The company I work for will be migrating to a new mail system in a few months,
be we aren't sure which one to go to.  We've narrowed the choices down to:

* Lotus Notes (or Notes Mail)
* Microsoft Exchange (Outlook)
* Novell GroupWise
* Netscape Mail

We currently use cc:Mail.

I'd like constructive, knowledgable, non-sales-hyped comments/suggestions
please, based upon your experience.

How difficult is the administration/maintenance?
What kind of downtimes can we expect?
Can the post office/mailboxes be repaired, or must I resort to restoration only?
Are there too many bugs in the current version to bother with it?
How buggy are the desktop clients?
What features do you like/dislike?

I am one of the mail administrators at my company, with over 5 years experience
with cc:Mail, and have also worked at Lotus providing technical support for
cc:Mail.  So, I am generally familiar with e-mail front-end and back-end.

Thank you very much in advance.

2. Unwanted Java in FP HTML files

3. Note:NT vs OS2 vs UNIX vs NETWARE

4. XP vs. MSN

5. HELP: How to send lotus-notes mail w/ excel attachments in excel?

6. 24X reader good for on-the-fly?

7. Notes vs Excel

8. I'm looking for cubase update

9. Notes vs EXCEL

10. Notes.Admin VS Notes.Dev VS Notes.Jobs

11. Notes Pump gives the error "Record is too large" in a Direct Transfer activity

12. NotesSQL Error: "[Lotus][ODBC Lotus Notes]Error in assignment" (numeric field)