Can I avoid using Folders for Search results?

Can I avoid using Folders for Search results?

Post by Wade Anderso » Sat, 10 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I would like to have the user enter a start date and an ending date and
then show only those documents withing that range of dates in a view. I can
find the documents I want and move them to a folder, providing the folder
already exists, but the user then has to click a second button to switch
'views' to that folder to see the results. If I perform an Openview command
after the folder is populated, the app opens the folder in another window
and abandons my navigator.

I think it's possible to just do a search, maybe even a FTSearch, and just
have the matching documents show up in the current view pane, thereby
avoiding the use of folders altogeather. Is this right? If so, that would
be sooooo much money (figuratively)!

Thanks in advance (or BOOOO in advance :)

Can I avoid using Folders for Search results?

Post by erica_greenw.. » Wed, 18 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Wade,

I had the same problem.  I solved it by using the folders and a couple
of agents.

The following is the Action Button:

Get Out of Office Records is an agent.  Here is where you would put the
agent you are currently using to move the records into the folder.
Below is the agent that is used to Display Out of Office Records.

Display Out of Office Records

FiscalYear + " Days Out of the Office"; "Press enter or OK after you are

This seems to work quite well.  Good luck!

Erica

> I would like to have the user enter a start date and an ending date and
> then show only those documents withing that range of dates in a view. I can
> find the documents I want and move them to a folder, providing the folder
> already exists, but the user then has to click a second button to switch
> 'views' to that folder to see the results. If I perform an Openview command
> after the folder is populated, the app opens the folder in another window
> and abandons my navigator.

> I think it's possible to just do a search, maybe even a FTSearch, and just
> have the matching documents show up in the current view pane, thereby
> avoiding the use of folders altogeather. Is this right? If so, that would
> be sooooo much money (figuratively)!

> Thanks in advance (or BOOOO in advance :)

1. Sorting Search Results in Private Folders

Hello,

Anyone have experience or suggestions using sort on the fly with full
text search results?  It doesn't seem to work properly.  Also, there is
an R3 technote about sorting search results not working properly in
views without some manual user intervention.

We thought about using LotusScript to do the search and move the results
to a Shared - Private on first use folder.  But, this seems like it
could cause a lot of administrator problems, particularly with the
database rolled out on many servers in many different organizations.

Anyone have experience using lots (perhaps hundreds) of Private Folders
on R4 servers?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eric Gottesman

2. File copying between NT and Samba

3. Search site: configure results? Fulltext - Search (HTML/Notes)

4. Client Access Graphical Access After v3r2 CA upgrade

5. How do I modify search result from Multi DB search on a Web client?

6. Need Help!!Drag and drop command?

7. Customized search results (bg-agent) in search site does not work in R5

8. Problem with FS2K 2.0B update

9. Detailed search results in Domain Search

10. What is more performant: Using views or programmatic search via search formula?

11. Cannot search the text using Note's search bar

12. Sorting Search Results

13. Customize a Search Site Result