Notes Data -> Excel, Excel Chart -> Notes

Notes Data -> Excel, Excel Chart -> Notes

Post by Christian Gorn » Tue, 03 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi.

>>Did anyone in here create Excel-Charts via LotusScript? I tried to teach
it
>>to myself with an Excel-Makro,
>>but I am stuck.
>Are you using a 'template' spreadsheet with a predefined data range and
>chart?

>What does the macro do?
>--
>Gerry King

Thanks for your interest.

Here the situation but more detailed:

Until now i don't have any excel-template. I thought just to do everything
in Script without depending on
pre-programmed templates or makros. I succeeded in opening excel invisible
and writing my data into
a standard sheet. Code example (patchwork of some internet-resources):

.----------------------------
Dim xlApp As Variant
Dim xlSheet As Variant
Dim xlChart As Variant

Set xlApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")

xlApp.Visible = False

xlApp.Workbooks.Add

Set xlSheet = xlApp.Workbooks(1).Worksheets(1)

With xlSheet
     .Range("B7").Value = "42 is the answer"
     .Range("B8").Value = 42
     .Range("B9").Value = "don't panic"
     .Range("B10").Value = "Test"
xlApp.ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "c:\Temp\Notes.xls"
xlApp.Quit
-----------------------------

Well, so far so good, I have an Excel-Sheet with my data.

Now it's possible to call an excel-makro to do the drawing.
Problems:
1. pre-programmed makro required
2. How to get the control of program-flow back to Notes? I want to have the
chart in a Notes-Document, but
    Script will not know when the excel-makro ended with for example finally
copying the chart to the clipboard.

Second possibility: use the Objects and methods of excel to do this via
LotusScript
Problems:
1. i am not very experienced in VBA, so examples would be useful
2. There are statements in VBA which could be useful (like ChartWizard() ),
but I don't know how to compile the
    syntax to LotusScript.
    For example ChartWizard requires parameters without brackets.

    Charts("Diagramm1").ChartWizard  Gallery:=xlLine, HasLegend:=True,
CategoryTitle:="Year", ...

I would appreciate a hint or two for any of the above problems, including
getting the diagram back to notes
(maybe with a better solution than the clipboard)

Christian

Notes Data -> Excel, Excel Chart -> Notes

Post by Gerry Kin » Wed, 04 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Well, so far so good, I have an Excel-Sheet with my data.

>Now it's possible to call an excel-makro to do the drawing.

Chistian,

Rather than do it all from scratch I suggest you create a 'template'
workbook into which you just need to write the data.

The chart object will already be defined so you do not have to do any
work.

--
Gerry King

1. NEW VENTURE CAPITAL FINANCED START UP- LOTUS NOTES CONSULTANT- PROFESSIONAL SERVICES->>>>>>>>>>>>>

GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR STOCK, LEAD BY CEO OF A SUCESSFUL STARTUP IN THE
BAY.... EXCITING NEW TECHNOLOGY.
PLEASE REFERENCE JOB # 5031

LOTUS NOTES CONSULTANT

WE ARE LOOKING FOR A CONSULTANT TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS IMPLEMENT OUR
SOFTWARE APPLICATION AND USE IT TO IMPROVE THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THEIR
SOFTWARE PROJECTS.  YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 3 YEARS EXPERIENCE,
INCLUDING A MINIMUM OF 2 WITH LOTUS NOTES.  EXPERIENCE WITH LOTUS
SCRIPT AND NOTES ADMINISTRATION IS REQUIRED, AS WELL AS EXCELLENT
WRITTEN AND VERBAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS.  EXPOSURE TO LARGE SCALE
DEVELOPMENT PROJETS IS A PLUS.

OUR SOFTWARE PRODUCT PROVIDES A LIFECYCLE SOLUTION FOR COLLABORATIVE
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT ON SOFTWARE PROJECTS.  BY MANAGING ALL THE
REQUIREMENTS, SPECIFICATIONS, DESIGNS, TEST PLANS, TASKS, MEETING
NOTES, ETC..., OUR PRODUCT HELPS OUR CUSTOMERS COMPLETE SOFTWARE
PROJECTS FASTER AND CHEAPER, WITH HIGHER QUALITY AND LOWER RISK.

WE ARE A VENTURE CAPITAL FINANCED STARTUP SOFTWARE COMPANY AND OFFER
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS WITH ATTRACTIVE EQUITY PARTICIPATION.

MORE INFORMATION UPON REQUEST.
PLEASE SUMIT YOUR RESUME VIA FAX OR EMAIL AS A WORD ATTACHMENT
ALONG WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS AND CITIZENSHIP STATUS TO:
PLEASE REFERENCE JOB #5031

N2 TECHNOLOGIES- PROFESSIONAL STAFFING
PHONE 510/438-0600
FAX 510/438-0685

2. Drive Letter Assignments in Win2K

3. Senior Manager >>> Lotus Notes>>> Toronto

4. Hard Drive Light?

5. <<<<<<<<<<< ODBC datasources with Web application >>>>>>>>>>>>><

6. talk/ntalk

7. VENTURE CAPITAL STARTUP-NEEDS LOTUS NOTES CONSULTANT, STOCK, GROUND FLOOR OPPORTUNITY |>>>>>>>>>>>

8. Help: Device Driver Not Called