Mail Rules and Calendar Profiles (R5) - who really can answer this?

Mail Rules and Calendar Profiles (R5) - who really can answer this?

Post by Mike Silvi » Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:47:13

Hi everyone-
I've seen lots of postings on how mail rules get messed up for different
reasons and just stop working.  This usually happens when there is a
mismatch between certain fields in the mail rule document and the users
Calendar profile.

My understanding is that incoming mail is first checked against the users
calendar profile for enabled rules.  we have had many occasiions when rules
just stop working - we know there are many things users can do to cause
this.

My questions are:
1.  Where does the router find the calendar profile to check?  Is it in the
users mail db on the server, or is found somewhere else (e.g. busytime.nsf -
which contains info from calendar profiles.
2.  If it is in the users mail database - how do I find it and delete it?
I've already tried Notespeak, but there are so many documents listed that I
can go through all of them to find which one is the profile.  Is there a way
to find the NoteID for this document?
3.  If it's not in the users mail db, where is it on the server? In
busytime.nsf for example.  In that case, I assume, I can delete it from
there.

My hope is to:
a.  disable and delete all of the users mail rules, then
b.  find and delete the calendar profile, then
c.  recreate all of the rules.
Will it work?

1. Answering emails - citing the answered mail

Hi there:

I have just received the German edition of Lotus Notes R5 (personal
edition).

So far I think that the program is just fine but I have one little
probem. I am often answering mails by citing the text of the original
and then making comments. So far I have been using several other
programmes such as PMail or Netscape. Can anyone tell me if and if so
how it is possible to cite an email in the way that Notes starts every
line of the cited mail with the ">"-character rather than just attaching
the original mail at the end of the text?

That would be very helpful.

Jan Rudolph
--

2. 6200 Install Nightmare...Please Help

3. R5.0.9 Mail Rule Not Working

4. Urgent!!! Sample ClearCase Client and Server Configurations

5. Rule issues in R5 mail file/template

6. yetanothertest

7. Antwort: Mail Rule problem i Notes R5

8. Get rid of physical console terminal

9. Incoming Mail Rules ?! (R5)

10. Problem with mail rules in Notes R5

11. Mail rules with a standalone R5 client

12. Mail Rule problem in Notes R5

13. Profile Document in Mail R5 database?