32-Bit vs. 16-Bit Bug????

Post by Sheila Wan » Thu, 27 Feb 1997 04:00:00

We've developed a Lotus Notes 4.5 application on Windows NT (32-bit).
There appears, however, to be a problem in deploying this system to
Notes 4.5 clients running on Windows 3.1 (16-bit).  If simple & harmless
LotusScript changes (such as commenting) are made on the 16-bit machine,
the coded doesn't compile, and when LotusScript is executed, unexpected
and inconsitent results appear.

There are rumours that there is a bug with release 4.5 that causes such
an incompatibility between the 32-bit and 16-bit environments.

Is anyone able to confirm this?

Thanks!
-Sheila

1. Installing Notes - 16-Bit vs. 32-Bit Versions

  Question:
   We are using Notes version 3.34.  Under the WORKSTA directory there is an OS2 and
WINDOWS directory.  Is the WORKSTA\WINDOWS installation a 16 or 32 bit version?
   If it's only 16 bit, is there a 32 bit WIN NT desktop version with 3.34, and if
Yes where is it located?
   Under the SERVER directory there is a WINDOWS and a WIN_NT directory.  Is the
WIN_NT directory a 32 bit version?

  Thanks for Your Time & Help

   Fidelity Investments
   Groupware Services

2. w2k security issue

3. API Calls from Windows 16-bit app to 32-bit Notes Client

4. Circuit design program.

5. Notes API 16/32 bit for VB?

6. DOS session failure in fresh installation !

7. Showstopper bug in 16-bit R4 client when using SPX protocol!!!

8. ][+ & other stuffs 4 sale

9. Problems with Netscape (Java Errors in 16-bit versions)

10. Calling 16-bit DLL

11. IPX breaks in *16-bit* notes

12. VIM32 and 16-bit apps

13. HELP: 2.0 NOTESSQL 16-bit driver