LotusScript: Entering event for field

Post by Dale K. Henders » Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I would like to flag a set of fields on a document using Script, by
setting a property of the field to TRUE. I am using IsEncrypted on
another set of fields so I chose IsProtected for this set. How do use
SOURCE, which has no properties and access it as an ITEM so that I can
turn the property to TRUE...

LotusScript: Entering event for field

Post by Charles Connel » Sat, 02 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I am hesitant to comment on someone else's programming choices, but I
think you're asking for trouble here. Using properties of objects to
hold your own flags is going to have lots of side effects. The
properties you're using have pre-existing semantics and the flags will
be interpreted in that way.

A better idea is to keep a list of the fields that you want to remember.
LotusScript is very good at processing lists, so you can use them pretty
efficiently with just a few lines of code.

Chuck (waiting for the return flame...)

1. How do I control access to a field using LotusScript's entering event

I got a response to this the first time I put this question out which
worked
how it was supposed to work.  But I need to be able to "VIEW" this field
from the Reader (ACL) access.  If you have any suggestions please let me
know, it doesn't have to be LotusScript!!
------------------------------------First message with
response---------------------------

It would be easier if you use a hide formula for the fields / table. For
example you could use a lookup and hide the field if the user is not a
member of a specific group or role

EG.  In the hide if formula is true tab of the field or text property

2. (?? ??)

3. newcomer Q: multiple field assignments triggered by a field "enter" event

4. Getting the latest CSD to take effect

5. entering event is not initiated in some case (combobox field)

6. Hardware woes (mono station)

7. LotusScript: How to use the Source in field event Sub Exiting (Source as Field)

8. Hotfixes, Security Bulletins, SPs and updates

9. LotusScript: Newbie: open form, enter text to field, close form, loop

10. "Using lotusscript, Is it possible to enter text or fields into a Word Document?"

11. LotusScript Field Exiting Event and uidoc.Refresh problem

12. 4.6.5 crash: Entering/Exiting event corrupts formula memory

13. field to calculate a total for fields entered by user