@Command([FileCloseWindow]) triggers javascript onSubmit

Post by Neil Dal » Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:31:18

I'm developing a simple resource management database (R5), which will be
deployed as a Web app.

onSubmit event.

Well, it does for me.  This means that a 'Cancel' action still goes ahead
and validates the form.

I have some ugly workarounds for the 'Cancel' action using navigation and
truncating URLs to 'go back', but what I really want to do is actually close
the form, (and thus not give the option of going 'Forward' in the browser).

Any thoughts? ... suggestions?

@Command([FileCloseWindow]) triggers javascript onSubmit

Post by mark rode » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:22:15

Make sure that the create using javascript option is ticked on for the
database

is highly unpredicatable and often returns me to the database view
listing!!!!!

Use the button to call a javascript function to submit the form (after
validation I assume)

M!

> I'm developing a simple resource management database (R5), which will be
> deployed as a Web app.

> According to the (all too terse) Designer Help documentation,

> onSubmit event.

> Well, it does for me.  This means that a 'Cancel' action still goes ahead
> and validates the form.

> I have some ugly workarounds for the 'Cancel' action using navigation and
> truncating URLs to 'go back', but what I really want to do is actually close
> the form, (and thus not give the option of going 'Forward' in the browser).

> Any thoughts? ... suggestions?

1. Save and Cancel Buttons Trigger onSubmit Object

This post is a followup to several others I found in this discussion
group describing a problem in which a Domino web form does an unwanted
trigger of the onSubmit event.

My web form contains both Save and Cancel buttons. I must call my
Javascript validate() function (to validate field input) from the
onSubmit event.  Problem - The validation is triggered when either the
Save or Cancel button is clicked.  We only want validation to occur
when the Save button is clicked.

The solution I found in this discussion group was to call validation
from the onClick event of the Save button.  This would not work for me
because I have LotusScript for other processing which must run in the
onClick event of the Save button.

After consulting the O'Reilly JavaScript and Dynamic HTML books, I
came up with a simple solution.

I put this code into the onSubmit event of my web form:

if (window.event.srcElement.value == "Save") {
        return validate();

This causes the validate function to execute only if the label of the
clicked button is "Save".

2. bind-8.2.2.P5, solaris2.6 and solaris2.5.1

3. onSubmit : JavaScript

4. Printing when users use different computers

5. @command([fileclosewindow])

6. Sharepoint V1 Configuration Optimization

7. @Command([FileCloseWindow]) Problem

8. AmigaDOS VS Windows

9. help pb with @command([FileCloseWindow])

10. How do we trigger a Notes event in JavaScript?

11. Triggering A Domino Command

12. Triggering @Commands at Server...

13. calling @Command([ViewRefreshFields]) from JavaScript