Due to an error, this paragraph cannot be displayed

Due to an error, this paragraph cannot be displayed

Post by Lucky Kelle » Fri, 22 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I want to revive this discussion from last July, regarding the error
message, "Due to an error, this paragraph cannot be displayed".

Stephen McKenzie wrote this in reply to a question about this error
message:

Quote:>From my experience it appears this message occurs when the cursor
>would appear in a field that is hidden.  If the position of the cursor
>would be outside the hidden fields then the error will disappear

>Steve

I want to describe a special situation that causes this error.  I
consistently get this message when an editable text field:
  1. is hidden from users in read mode
  2. is the first editable field on the form
  3. user switches the document from read to edit mode

The error does *not* occur when the document is opened in edit mode from
the view.

So the error is not actually happening when the field is hidden, but as
it is being exposed when the mode changes.  It is as if the error is
generated before the mode change is complete.

Is this what others are seeing?  Is there an explanation for it?  Any
workarounds?

                        Lucky

--
Lucky Kelley

Office of Medical Education

1. PANIC: Cannot attach to shared memory region due to insufficient access.

HI all,
I've been getting this message almost every weekend on my Domino 5.10 server
console "PANIC: Cannot attach to shared memory region due to insufficient
access".
When this happens the server freezes and the only thing I can do is a hard
re-boot.  Domino is running on a Windows 2000 server. No one works on the
weekends so there's no traffic.  The only thing is that remote users still
call in to replicate over the weekends and can't because of this problem.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Quicktime 2.1 bug on powerbooks?

3. Cannot open document due to different notes versions

4. Unattended creation of multiple PDF files.

5. The database cannot be read due to an invalid on disk structure

6. Pro*Cobol question

7. "This database cannot be read due to an invalid on disk structure"

8. HP Laser Jet II

9. This database cannot be read due to an invalid on disk structure

10. PLEASE HELP - Paragraph or Field cannot be larger than 64k bytes

11. Dialog Box Problem (Paragraph or field cannot be larger than 64K bytes)