Enabling webbrowser access to 4.5.2 Notes/Domino

Enabling webbrowser access to 4.5.2 Notes/Domino

Post by Jean-Pierre Hul » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

For some time now I'm running a Notes/Domino 4.5.2 server with only
Notes client access. However, I want to activate the Web feature to
access webenable databases with a browser (IE or Netscape). What is
required to do so?

Will Load Web on the console  (or adding the Web task to the notes.ini)
be sufficient (along with web enbling in the db's design) or do I also
have to properly setup the HTTP section of the server document?

Thanks in advance,

Jean-Pierre Huls

Post by d.. » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>Hi,

>For some time now I'm running a Notes/Domino 4.5.2 server with only
>Notes client access. However, I want to activate the Web feature to
>access webenable databases with a browser (IE or Netscape). What is
>required to do so?

>Will Load Web on the console  (or adding the Web task to the notes.ini)
>be sufficient (along with web enbling in the db's design) or do I also
>have to properly setup the HTTP section of the server document?

'Load web' is not what you want but 'load http' will do it.  You will
want to review the server document as you say to perhaps stop browser
access seeing all databases and also review database ACLs to check
that you are not allowing to much access to 'anonymous' users.

Enabling webbrowser access to 4.5.2 Notes/Domino

Post by Kendall P. Bulle » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> 'Load web' is not what you want but 'load http' will do it.

Or even better, add ',http' (without quotes) to the end of the
'servertasks=' line in notes.ini, so you don't have to type 'load http'
every time you cycle the server.  ;-)

Kendall

--
Kendall P. Bullen        Web: http://www.his.com/~kendall/

I hate spam & UCE.  Please fix my address if you must e-mail me.
But please, NEVER send me COPIES of Usenet postings.

Join Gaylaxicon 2000!  Go to http://www.lambdasf.org/g2k

1. Domino and Notes/Webbrowser access

Hi,
when we started with Domino a year ago we decided to create a new domain
for only web-browser access. All data- bases which needed access from a
browser was replicated
from the normal Notes domain to the new Web domain.
We are now in the process to redo this setup.
My question is:
Are there any known problems running Domino and having
both Notes clients and webbrowsers accessing the same databases.
We would like to consolidate the Notes domain and the Web domain, but
before we
make the decision it would be intresting to find out if anyone has any
experience
from running both kind of clients against the same databases.

Thanks/Bert

2. CPU->videoram slower than gfxcard's DMA?

3. Retrieving user login win95 usernames in WEbBrowser to access domino

4. Security Test

5. Javascript and WebBrowser access to domino objects

6. Mysql_install_Db.sh...cannot execute.

7. Accessing Notes-DB via WebBrowser

8. comp.protocols.ppp part6 of 8 of frequently wanted information

9. Lotus Domino Enables Web Browser Access To PeopleSoft Applic

10. Notes client does not distinguish between web enabled design elements and not enabled.

11. Enabling LDAP write access on a Secondary Notes directory

12. POP3 access to Relay-enabled server?

13. Enabling internet access