Add documents selected in a view to DocumentCollection?

Add documents selected in a view to DocumentCollection?

Post by JBR » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

In LotusScript, how can I add only the selected documents in a view to my
NotesDocumentCollection?
Specifically, I need to access a field value in only the selected documents.

Thanks in advance.

Add documents selected in a view to DocumentCollection?

Post by Chris » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I hope I understood you ok.

To get a notesdocumentcollection that represents all selected documents in a
view  look at UnprocessedDocuments in the notesdocumentcollecetion help
document.

Chris

>In LotusScript, how can I add only the selected documents in a view to my
>NotesDocumentCollection?
>Specifically, I need to access a field value in only the selected
documents.

>Thanks in advance.

Add documents selected in a view to DocumentCollection?

Post by Tristelun » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hello below is a script that create a NotesDocumentCollection with the selected
docs :

Dim session As New NotesSession
     Dim db As NotesDatabase
     Dim dc As NotesDocumentCollection
     Dim doc As NotesDocument
     Set db = session.CurrentDatabase
     Set dc = db.unprocesseddocuments
     For j = 1 To dc.Count
          Set doc = dc.GetNthDocument(j)
          ........YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT HERE.......
     Next

Hope it helps
Bye, Xavier

JBR a crit :

Quote:> In LotusScript, how can I add only the selected documents in a view to my
> NotesDocumentCollection?
> Specifically, I need to access a field value in only the selected documents.

> Thanks in advance.

1. Grabbing Selected Documents in View and Changing Data in these Selected Documents

I'm developing in Notes 4.53a.  I'm writing a button in a View that
based off of the checked documents in a view the button will change the
requester name on the docs from the current name to the user that
selected the button.  LotusScript or Formula language suggestions would
be fine.

TIA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Acorn in FT

3. I make Add-Ins for Lotus Organizer 6.0

4. DHCP

5. Add ins?

6. Cat and Mouse II - the sequel

7. Notes add-ins

8. handle on selected documents in embedded view - should be documented

9. added new form to database, now I cannot select it to be used in a view...

10. How I Select in view Parent documents with selection criteria on Child documents

11. selecting documents form the web in a view (view applet)

12. Selected document in view, as parameter for other views...