Missing /OU certifier after R4-R5 migration

Missing /OU certifier after R4-R5 migration

Post by M.MORE.. » Wed, 19 Dec 2001 18:43:55

Hi all,

After migration to R5 of my R4 Domino server I see that the two /OU
certifiers I was using in R4 are missing in the NAB.
The ID files are there and I can create Persons with them but I have some
problem to use them: a message on the console log shows that the domino
server is looking for an entry index but it can't find it. So those users
are unusable. The old users created with /OU /O can operate.

How can I re-enter the /OU /O certifier in the NAB ?

1) Do I have to re-create one and then to re-certify all users ?
2) Can I make an Entry in the Nab that point on the existing ID file ? But
how ?

Thanks for help.

Michel

Missing /OU certifier after R4-R5 migration

Post by Federico Sportiell » Thu, 20 Dec 2001 00:30:57

Quote:> Hi all,

> After migration to R5 of my R4 Domino server I see that the two /OU
> certifiers I was using in R4 are missing in the NAB.
cut...

> Michel

 If you have an old copy of NAB (R4), simply copy the certifiers document from
the old to the new NAB

--
Posted from  [212.239.79.11]

Post by Prospe » Thu, 20 Dec 2001 00:33:10

> Hi all,

> After migration to R5 of my R4 Domino server I see that the two /OU
> certifiers I was using in R4 are missing in the NAB.
> The ID files are there and I can create Persons with them but I have some
> problem to use them: a message on the console log shows that the domino
> server is looking for an entry index but it can't find it. So those users
> are unusable. The old users created with /OU /O can operate.

> How can I re-enter the /OU /O certifier in the NAB ?

> 1) Do I have to re-create one and then to re-certify all users ?
> 2) Can I make an Entry in the Nab that point on the existing ID file ? But
> how ?

Try forcing that view to reindex first ( Shift-F9)

If it has actually gone just recreate the document - you don't need to
connect it to an ID file but you should paste the puclic key value in
and make sure you get the slashes (/) in the right places. Look at an
existing one for guidance.

You should also

Post by Roland Lehne » Thu, 03 Jan 2002 01:47:51

>> After migration to R5 of my R4 Domino server I see that the two /OU
>> certifiers I was using in R4 are missing in the NAB.

We also had some missing documents after the R5 upgrade.

The domain was created in R4.5.

After making a simple new view which showed all documents sorted by
form, I saw that there were some docs with Forms like
'Servers\Domain', 'Servers\Certifiers' ...

The new R5 NAB Template has selections like
'Type="Domain" & Form="Domain"'

So you have to find these Documents and change the Form Field.
Maybe it is enough to just save them once.

--
Roland Lehner

Linz - Austria