CALENDAR: How to see appointments for many people in one view ?

CALENDAR: How to see appointments for many people in one view ?

Post by NotesA » Mon, 10 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Help !!!
We're using the build-in Calendar in Lotus Notes 4.5, and would very
much like to be able to view many peoples appointments in one view.
Have any of you heard of such an application ?

Thanks in advance
PRJ

CALENDAR: How to see appointments for many people in one view ?

Post by hendr » Tue, 11 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I saw you searched for a program that collects all peoples
appointments in one view, and I'm happy to tell you, that we in Cinet
(a big Lotus Notes Partner i Denmark) has developed such an
application (In Danish and English. German will be there soon).

To tell you a little about how the program works, I've enclosed a few
notes from the Help of the application.

In short:
-------------
"Calendar Extension" is a Notes database to be used to create shared
views for all people in an organisation using the Lotus Notes 4.5
Calendar. The database is designed for Windows 95/NT.

This is how the calendar works:
The database functions like this: There will be created one document
per person who has his own mail database on the server, the database
is placed on. Next, an update agent will once every half hour to look
into the users mail databases to collect their appointments. Only new
and revised appointments will be created.
There will be created a log document with every update, which will
show the status of the update. This also applies to updates of people.
All appointments can be seen pr. departments, and also pr. day, week
or person.

If you're interested in our Application, please send me a mail, and
I'll send you more detailed information, and a demoversion of the
program.
This, of course, applies to all readers of this reply.

So please mail me at:

or call me at
+45 43 26 34 85 / +45 20 80 04 85

CALENDAR: How to see appointments for many people in one view ?

Post by NotesA » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Dear Lars,
gratulations and thank you very much for the demoversion of the
"Calendar Extension" that your company has developed to Lotus Notes.
We've now installed it, and it's looks very promising.

Especially that we can see appointments pr. department and location is
a strong feature.

Apart from thanking you for solving our problem with overviewing all
peoples appointments, I also write this mail to make other Notes
users/administrators aware of the product. It really is something that
can help a company to give a better customer service.

Kindly Regards
PRJ

>I saw you searched for a program that collects all peoples
>appointments in one view, and I'm happy to tell you, that we in Cinet
>(a big Lotus Notes Partner i Denmark) has developed such an
>application (In Danish and English. German will be there soon).
>To tell you a little about how the program works, I've enclosed a few
>notes from the Help of the application.
>In short:
>-------------
>"Calendar Extension" is a Notes database to be used to create shared
>views for all people in an organisation using the Lotus Notes 4.5
>Calendar. The database is designed for Windows 95/NT.
>This is how the calendar works:
>The database functions like this: There will be created one document
>per person who has his own mail database on the server, the database
>is placed on. Next, an update agent will once every half hour to look
>into the users mail databases to collect their appointments. Only new
>and revised appointments will be created.
>There will be created a log document with every update, which will
>show the status of the update. This also applies to updates of people.
>All appointments can be seen pr. departments, and also pr. day, week
>or person.
>If you're interested in our Application, please send me a mail, and
>I'll send you more detailed information, and a demoversion of the
>program.
>This, of course, applies to all readers of this reply.
>So please mail me at:

>or call me at
>+45 43 26 34 85 / +45 20 80 04 85

1. CALENDAR: How to view many peoples appointments in ONE view ?

Dear John,
I guess we are (or maybe were) many Notes users, that hoped that Lotus
would put in a tool to view appointments from all peoples calendars in
one smart view in v4.5/4.6, which they didn't.

Therefore we in Cinet (the leading Lotus Business Partner in Denmark)
developed a product (we call it "Calendar Extension") that
shows all peoples appointments, events, etc. per Name, Date, Week,
Location, Department etc. in some very intelligent views. Even in a
Graphical form WITHOUT COMPONENTS !!!

It's a product in which we have invested a lot of time and money, and
we keep doing it, simply due to the fact that our customers (and their
receptionists) have asked us to be on the market with such a product.

you with some further information and a demoversion of our product.
This, of course, goes for all readers of this reply.

Kindly
Lars Hendriksen, Cinet Groupware Development

John Wrote:
We have just upgraded our Notes server to v4.5, and started to use the
very nice Calendar Functionality there. Unfortunately (as far as I
know) you have to open your colleagues calendar to see her/his
appointments ?

My question is therefore: Is there a way to see many peoples
appointment in one view ? If Lotus hasn't made a tool, do you then
know of other companys who have ? (We are 150 users.)

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer.

-John

2. Postscript file conversions

3. CALENDAR: How to see many peoples appointments in ONE view ?

4. Power Objects Field Lengths

5. Map image with a sparse array

6. SUN 611 Cases w/1-2GB Drives

7. CALENDAR: How to see appointments for many people in one view ?

8. CALENDAR: How to see many peoples appointments in ONE view ?

9. A big calendar view other people's calendar

10. CALENDAR: All peoples appointments in one view !!! Why the devil......