setting up multiple email accounts in notes

setting up multiple email accounts in notes

Post by Inza » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 08:52:23

Work has provided us with R5 for connection to their servers to do various
tasks like email and data entry.  Using their installation information I am
forced to log on with a password to their servers when I start R5.

have followed the directions within R5 and am hitting a wall.  Basically it
just does not work.  I do not receive emails via R5.  How can I set up R5 to
get my pop3 email?  I am currently using outlook express for this function.

Very new to this and have little knowledge of R5 so forgive my ignorance and
thanks in advance for your help.

Post by Danny Lawren » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 13:12:23

>Work has provided us with R5 for connection to their servers to do various
>tasks like email and data entry.  Using their installation information I am
>forced to log on with a password to their servers when I start R5.

>have followed the directions within R5 and am hitting a wall.  Basically it
>just does not work.  I do not receive emails via R5.  How can I set up R5 to
>get my pop3 email?  I am currently using outlook express for this function.

>Very new to this and have little knowledge of R5 so forgive my ignorance and
>thanks in advance for your help.

Open up your personal address book.  Change to the "Advanced" frame
set.  Change to the "Accounts" view.  Create a POP3 account document.
--Danny Lawrence, Tiassa Technologies Inc.
  A Lotus Business Partner

  (Spam filter in use, you figure it out)
 "Tiassa dreams and plots are born" --Steven Brust

setting up multiple email accounts in notes

Post by Inza » Sun, 11 Nov 2001 07:58:58

Thanks. It is working

> >Work has provided us with R5 for connection to their servers to do
various
> >tasks like email and data entry.  Using their installation information I
am
> >forced to log on with a password to their servers when I start R5.

> >have followed the directions within R5 and am hitting a wall.  Basically
it
> >just does not work.  I do not receive emails via R5.  How can I set up R5
> >get my pop3 email?  I am currently using outlook express for this
function.

> >Very new to this and have little knowledge of R5 so forgive my ignorance
and
> >thanks in advance for your help.

> Open up your personal address book.  Change to the "Advanced" frame
> set.  Change to the "Accounts" view.  Create a POP3 account document.
> --Danny Lawrence, Tiassa Technologies Inc.
>   A Lotus Business Partner

>   (Spam filter in use, you figure it out)
>  "Tiassa dreams and plots are born" --Steven Brust

1. E-mail Notification of Multiple E-mail Accounts

Hello,

My department set up a group e-mail account in Notes 4.5.2.b, and I have the
database opened it on my workspace.  I double checked and I do have both
visible and audible notifications enabled for my Notes account, and it
checks for new mail every 10 minutes.  The problem that I'm having is that I
only get e-mail notifications from my personal e-mail account, but nothing
from my group e-mail account.  My Notes Administrators said that is the way
Notes works, but I find it hard to believe.

Does anyone know if you can set Notes to accept e-mail notifications from
more than one e-mail account?  If not, is there a way that I can create an
agent that will popup a message box to me (maybe like a Visual Basic Message
Box) whenever the group e-mail account receives a new e-mail?  I've never
written any Notes agents before, so any assistance you could offer would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott Leclerc

2. Top 10 Amiga mod songs of all time.

3. >> Multiple Email Account <<

4. External floppy disk drive for the Mac.

5. Notes for multiple POP mail account access

6. Aliased mail sends bounce if destination not available

7. Notes account settings storage

8. New version of CamTrack: unlimited number of cams

9. Please help, trying to use Notes with multiple POP Accounts

10. Notes and multiple mail accounts ... ???!

11. Notes account settings storage

12. Experiences wanted on synching NT user accounts with Notes accounts (and internet password)

13. Suspending a Lotus Notes Email Account