Resource Reservations Database

Post by Christopher Be » Thu, 05 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has successfully implemented the Resource
Reservations database?

I've had a number of problems when trying to reserve resources from a
person's mail file:
- The AutoProcessReservations agent seems to run intermittently
This is an agent that is *supposed* to run when new documents are created or
modified.  Maybe this is a config error somewhere else?

If the agent does run:
- If available, the resource will be reserved but a notification will not be
sent back to the originator
- If unavailable, once again there is no notification.

I can run this agent manually from the agent menu in the RR database and it
works perfectly notifying people of their accepted or declined resources.

Some extra information:
- All mail files and the RR database are kept on the same server
- I created the RR database and I am authorised to run all types of agents
on the server
- adminp, calendar connector and schedule manager are running on the server
- The server is listed as the administration server of the RR database
- We're running 4.6.1
- The database was created from the Resource Reservations (4.5) template
(resrc45.ntf)

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated (preferably via email)

Regards,
Chris

Resource Reservations Database

Post by Scott Farrel » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Chris,

The ' run on new or modifed' triggered agents run a set amount of time after
the event. The idea is that the server attempts to run the agent once to
catch a number of the events for performance reasons.

There are 2 settings in the 'configuration' doc in the N&A book. You need to
set both to 1 minute, The default for both is 60.

Hope that helps
Scott
http://www.icconsulting.com.au

>Hi,

>Just wondering if anyone has successfully implemented the Resource
>Reservations database?

>I've had a number of problems when trying to reserve resources from a
>person's mail file:
>- The AutoProcessReservations agent seems to run intermittently
>This is an agent that is *supposed* to run when new documents are created
or
>modified.  Maybe this is a config error somewhere else?

>If the agent does run:
>- If available, the resource will be reserved but a notification will not
be
>sent back to the originator
>- If unavailable, once again there is no notification.

>I can run this agent manually from the agent menu in the RR database and it
>works perfectly notifying people of their accepted or declined resources.

>Some extra information:
>- All mail files and the RR database are kept on the same server
>- I created the RR database and I am authorised to run all types of agents
>on the server
>- adminp, calendar connector and schedule manager are running on the server
>- The server is listed as the administration server of the RR database
>- We're running 4.6.1
>- The database was created from the Resource Reservations (4.5) template
>(resrc45.ntf)

>Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated (preferably via email)

>Regards,
>Chris

Resource Reservations Database

Post by Christopher Be » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi Scott,

I couldn't locate the 2 settings you talked about.  I'm assuming you want me
to add 2 configuration changes to the server the agent is supposed to run
on.  Do you have the exact names of the parameters?

Chris.

Quote:>Chris,

>The ' run on new or modifed' triggered agents run a set amount of time
after
>the event. The idea is that the server attempts to run the agent once to
>catch a number of the events for performance reasons.

>There are 2 settings in the 'configuration' doc in the N&A book. You need
>set both to 1 minute, The default for both is 60.

>Hope that helps
>Scott
>http://www.icconsulting.com.au

>>- The AutoProcessReservations agent seems to run intermittently
>>This is an agent that is *supposed* to run when new documents are created
>or
>>modified.  Maybe this is a config error somewhere else?

Resource Reservations Database

Post by Scott Farrel » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Chris,

Read the doco on these:

AMGR_DOCUPDATEAGENTMININTERVAL
AMGR_DOCUPDATEEVENTDELAY
AMGR_NEWMAILAGENTMININTERVAL
AMGR_NEWMAILEVENTDELAY

Hope that helps
Scott
http://www.icconsulting.com.au

>Hi Scott,

>I couldn't locate the 2 settings you talked about.  I'm assuming you want
me
>to add 2 configuration changes to the server the agent is supposed to run
>on.  Do you have the exact names of the parameters?

>Chris.

>>Chris,

>>The ' run on new or modifed' triggered agents run a set amount of time
>after
>>the event. The idea is that the server attempts to run the agent once to
>>catch a number of the events for performance reasons.

>>There are 2 settings in the 'configuration' doc in the N&A book. You need
>>set both to 1 minute, The default for both is 60.

>>Hope that helps
>>Scott
>>http://www.icconsulting.com.au

>>>- The AutoProcessReservations agent seems to run intermittently
>>>This is an agent that is *supposed* to run when new documents are created
>>or
>>>modified.  Maybe this is a config error somewhere else?

Resource Reservations Database

Post by Rob Wilso » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I have deployed this database and it seems to work fine with the default
settings.

Rob

>Chris,

>Read the doco on these:

>AMGR_DOCUPDATEAGENTMININTERVAL
>AMGR_DOCUPDATEEVENTDELAY
>AMGR_NEWMAILAGENTMININTERVAL
>AMGR_NEWMAILEVENTDELAY

>Hope that helps
>Scott
>http://www.icconsulting.com.au

>>Hi Scott,

>>I couldn't locate the 2 settings you talked about.  I'm assuming you want
>me
>>to add 2 configuration changes to the server the agent is supposed to run
>>on.  Do you have the exact names of the parameters?

>>Chris.

>>>Chris,

>>>The ' run on new or modifed' triggered agents run a set amount of time
>>after
>>>the event. The idea is that the server attempts to run the agent once to
>>>catch a number of the events for performance reasons.

>>>There are 2 settings in the 'configuration' doc in the N&A book. You need
>>>set both to 1 minute, The default for both is 60.

>>>Hope that helps
>>>Scott
>>>http://www.icconsulting.com.au

>>>or

1. Resource reservation database and Netscape 6.x?

Hi!

We use the Domino resource reservation database and
so far everything has gone ok. BUT today I noticed
that some of our staff is starting to use Netscape 6.2
and the resource reservation database does not work
anymore. It won't allow the user to change the number
of paricipants nor is (s)he allowed to change the
date+time of the reservation :-(

Any hints, how to make the situation better?

heli

2. Back in the fold

3. R5 Resource Reservations Database Query

4. CE Toolkit for VB 6

5. Resource Reservation Database / Repeat Reservs

6. VAX 4000-505A console connection questions

7. Phantom booking in R5 Resource Reservations database

8. Amiga 500 -help

9. Sorting in Resource Reservation Database

10. Mutliple Day Reservations in R5 Resource Reservation Template

11. Ressource Reservation Database does not "reserve" Reservations from Appointments

12. Resource Reservation from mail/calendar

13. resource reservation