Crystal Reports from Lotus Notes

Post by X_Aki Nieminen » Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Use OLE Automation from LS. This way you can launch reports to a
report viewer. Notes still in not the best possible container
application for OCX/ActiveX components.

Anyone know how to control Crystal Info Server services from Notes?

I would like to pass a sql "WHERE" clause from Notes to a report file
located on Info Server and launch the report.

OLE Automation from LS:
declare obj & objRpt variables in a report global declaration section
to make them stay alive and kicking...
You must have installed OLE Automation service to each and every
client. Plain runtime-dll files are not enough to run this example,
but OLE Automation must be registered before using it. No problem, if
you test this from your own computer having Crystal Design full
installation. However, Installation program for runtime-dlls and OLE
Automation registration must be setup for end users. (InstallShield is
one solution)

Set obj = createObject("Crystal.CRPE.Application")
Set objRpt = obj.OpenReport("r:\reports\country.rpt")
objRpt.ReportSelectionFormula="<modify selection formula here>"
obj.LogOnServer("pdsodbc.dll","ODBCdns","","loginid","password")
objRpt.Preview

>Has anyone gotten a Crystal Reports control to work from within a Lotus
>Notes form?  The reports run fine from outside of Notes.  I was trying to
>get the activex control to work from a form and take adjustments from Lotus
>Script.  I have been unable to get the control to work interactively
>(w/properties) as in VB.

Valmet Corporation
aki "dot" nieminen "et" valmet "dot" com
"call me, if you need your own copy of paper machine"

1. Crystal Report & Lotus Notes

HI! All,

I got a question regarding the connection between Notes & Crystal
Report.....

I am using Notes SQL for the ODBC connection between Notes 4.6 & crystal
Report.  When I try to insert a particular field in Crystal Report, I can't
find the field in the list, even after several refresh.  But, the field is
actually existing in Notes Document.

Can anyone tell me how I can get the field back and insert into Crystal
Report?

Thanks,
Ada

2. How to commit datagrid's current row?

3. Crystal Reports and Lotus Notes?

4. Superdrive controller $59

5. Crystal Reports and Lotus Notes: Any success?

6. Looking for Eiffel grammar in Yacc/Lex

7. Crystal Reports and Lotus Notes

8. MSN and SPAM

9. Deploying (distributing) Crystal Reports reports

10. Problem with Crystal Report v7 and Lotus Notes

11. Lotus Notes & Crystal Reports

12. lotus Notes V4.5 ODBC driver for crystal reports V6