Datalink 32 BIT ?

Post by Jesper Clause » Wed, 09 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

I will try to use Datalink from Brainstorm together with Lotus Notes
ver. 4 32 bit. Do you know a place where I can download a evaluation
package in 32 bit, on Brainstorms own homepage it's only 16 bit, but ive
heard that a 32 bit version should exist.

Regards

Jesper

Datalink 32 BIT ?

Post by JTCASPE » Sun, 20 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Jesper -- according to Brainstorm, Datalink ver. 3.5 will support 32 bit
Lotus Notes. However, ver. 3.5 is not due to be released for a month or
so.  Until then, based on my experience, you must use the Notes v4 16-bit
alternative.

1. 32-Bit vs. 16-Bit Bug????

We've developed a Lotus Notes 4.5 application on Windows NT (32-bit).
There appears, however, to be a problem in deploying this system to
Notes 4.5 clients running on Windows 3.1 (16-bit).  If simple & harmless
LotusScript changes (such as commenting) are made on the 16-bit machine,
the coded doesn't compile, and when LotusScript is executed, unexpected
and inconsitent results appear.

There are rumours that there is a bug with release 4.5 that causes such
an incompatibility between the 32-bit and 16-bit environments.

Is anyone able to confirm this?

Thanks!
-Sheila

2. Atari user Groups in PA

3. Installing Notes - 16-Bit vs. 32-Bit Versions

4. More Questions on the "MTU" setting.

5. API Calls from Windows 16-bit app to 32-bit Notes Client

6. looking for game : Blow Up

7. MS Mailport and 32-Bit Lotus Notes Client

8. Change order of Tabs in TabControl

9. 32 Bit Notes, ODBC, and VB4

10. !6 or 32-bit Notes client: how to tell them apart?

11. novell client 32-bit and Lotus 4.51

12. 32-bit ODBC 123 Spreadsheet Driver

13. Notes 4 and 32-bit Novell client for Windows 95