Reader Field does not work

Post by Christian Pattere » Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi there!

Using an agent I set a reader field on a document (using a NotesItem).
Anyhow, everybody can see the documents even if they are not a member
of the readers field entry, but they can not open them.

Also they have no manager access to the database (which is in that case
not a criteria).

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thx in advance,
Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Reader Field does not work

Post by vinm.. » Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:00:00

What do you mean by see??  If you have a view that is catagorized,
then these documents will be visable within that view- even with
readers fields, but of course the document will not be able to be
accessed

On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:36:14 GMT, Christian Patterer

>Hi there!

>Using an agent I set a reader field on a document (using a NotesItem).
>Anyhow, everybody can see the documents even if they are not a member
>of the readers field entry, but they can not open them.

>Also they have no manager access to the database (which is in that case
>not a criteria).

>Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

>Thx in advance,
>Chris

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Reader Field does not work

Post by Christian Pattere » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

What I mean by see: I have a view that is NOT categorized. Even if the
reader fields are set everybody can see all documents. When they try to
open the document they are not allowed to.

I would like to not see the documents in the view because there is also
information shown which should not be accessible for users who are not
listed in the readers field.

Regards,
Chris

> What do you mean by see??  If you have a view that is catagorized,
> then these documents will be visable within that view- even with
> readers fields, but of course the document will not be able to be
> accessed

> On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:36:14 GMT, Christian Patterer

> >Hi there!

> >Using an agent I set a reader field on a document (using a
NotesItem).
> >Anyhow, everybody can see the documents even if they are not a member
> >of the readers field entry, but they can not open them.

> >Also they have no manager access to the database (which is in that
case
> >not a criteria).

> >Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

> >Thx in advance,
> >Chris

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Reader Field does not work

Post by Mike Graha » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

If you modify a field with LotusScript sometimes the field will change from
type Readers to Text. After you have modified the item reset its type using
NotesItem.IsReaders = True. The same will happen to Authors type fields.

Quote:> Hi there!

> Using an agent I set a reader field on a document (using a NotesItem).
> Anyhow, everybody can see the documents even if they are not a member
> of the readers field entry, but they can not open them.

> Also they have no manager access to the database (which is in that case
> not a criteria).

> Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

> Thx in advance,
> Chris

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Reader Field does not work

Post by Christian Pattere » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> If you modify a field with LotusScript sometimes the field will
change from
> type Readers to Text. After you have modified the item reset its type
using
> NotesItem.IsReaders = True. The same will happen to Authors type
fields.

I do this already!

> > Hi there!

> > Using an agent I set a reader field on a document (using a
NotesItem).
> > Anyhow, everybody can see the documents even if they are not a
member
> > of the readers field entry, but they can not open them.

> > Also they have no manager access to the database (which is in that
case
> > not a criteria).

> > Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

> > Thx in advance,
> > Chris

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Reader Field does not work

Post by Mike Graha » Wed, 19 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Please post the code, maybe we can spot the problem.

> > If you modify a field with LotusScript sometimes the field will
> change from
> > type Readers to Text. After you have modified the item reset its type
> using
> > NotesItem.IsReaders = True. The same will happen to Authors type
> fields.

> I do this already!

> > > Hi there!

> > > Using an agent I set a reader field on a document (using a
> NotesItem).
> > > Anyhow, everybody can see the documents even if they are not a
> member
> > > of the readers field entry, but they can not open them.

> > > Also they have no manager access to the database (which is in that
> case
> > > not a criteria).

> > > Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

> > > Thx in advance,
> > > Chris

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Reader Field does not work

Post by Taylo » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

From a view, open the document's properties.  Find the field in the listing.
Is it still a Reader's type field?  If not then your script is changing its
datatype from Readers to Text.  Find the error in your script.

> > If you modify a field with LotusScript sometimes the field will
> change from
> > type Readers to Text. After you have modified the item reset its type
> using
> > NotesItem.IsReaders = True. The same will happen to Authors type
> fields.

> I do this already!

> > > Hi there!

> > > Using an agent I set a reader field on a document (using a
> NotesItem).
> > > Anyhow, everybody can see the documents even if they are not a
> member
> > > of the readers field entry, but they can not open them.

> > > Also they have no manager access to the database (which is in that
> case
> > > not a criteria).

> > > Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

> > > Thx in advance,
> > > Chris

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Reader Field does not work

Post by Gerry Kin » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Using an agent I set a reader field on a document (using a NotesItem).
>Anyhow, everybody can see the documents even if they are not a member
>of the readers field entry, but they can not open them.

Look at the readers field values via the document properties. You say
you set the IsReaders flag via script - do the flags look right? Are the
values as expected?

Check the ACL. If you are using a role you may have inadvertantly
checked it for default users or an 'All' group.

BTW, even managers cannot see documents protected by readers fields
which is why you need to make sure LocalDomainServers are in there
(usually via a role) if you want data to replicate.
--
Gerry King

1. Reader's Field Not Working

Can anyone image any scenario under which a Reader's Field would fail to
function?

I have put a Reader's field into a form and put various user names into
this field in documents generated under that form.  However, all users
with
Reader Access and above are able to see the documents, whether they are
listed in the Reader's field or not.  When you examine the properties of
the field in each document the Reader's field does show up as "SUMMARY
READ-ACCESS NAMES" and there are valid NAB user names in it...but it
still
doesn't work.

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this would be appreciated.

Peter T.

2. Here are your answers.

3. readers fields not working properly

4. batch build multiple evb projects ( ..evb3.exe /m gives memory error..)

5. Readers Field Not Working

6. Long Parallel Printer Cable Available?

7. Reader name not work if docs created w/o UI

8. threads on Win2000

9. Readers Authors fields won't work

10. : Reader field doesn't work and convert canonical names as abbreviated names

11. Layout region fields will not print!Can this be done??

12. READERS field does not reflect the document in the View

13. Document with READERS field does not show in the View