Hide design

Post by Per Eriksso » Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Anyone know how to hide the design of a db, even on a local copy or replica
on another server. What I want to do is prevent everyone to copy my
developed db and get the code. Still, I want them to be able to use the db.

Thank's in advance for any solution
Per

Hide design

Post by Mischa Tschupper » Wed, 13 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Use the Replace design command in the File|Database menu. Make sure you
check Hide formulas and LotusScript

Mischa

Remove spam filter for personal mail

> Anyone know how to hide the design of a db, even on a local copy or replica
> on another server. What I want to do is prevent everyone to copy my
> developed db and get the code. Still, I want them to be able to use the db.

> Thank's in advance for any solution
> Per

1. removing a design element from a hidden design

Hi,

I've written this agent to remove a hidden design element from a
database. It seems to work ok but i'm wondering if it won't cause
problems in the future.
If not, feel free to use it.

Jeroen

' This agent removes a design element from a (hidden) database

Sub Initialize
Dim session As New NotesSession
Dim db As NotesDatabase
Dim doc As NotesDocument
Dim i As Integer
Dim id As String
Dim element As String

element=Inputbox("Enter the title of the design element to remove:")
Set db=session.CurrentDatabase

' i hope 32767 is enough...
For i%=1 To 32767
    id = Hex$ (i%)
    If Len ( id ) <> 8 Then
        'pad with zeros
        id = String$ ( 8-Len(id), "0" ) & id
    End If
    Set doc=db.GetDocumentByID( id )
    If Not (doc Is Nothing) Then
        If (doc.hasItem("$TITLE")) Then
            Forall title In doc.getItemValue("$TITLE")
            ' loop through title and aliases
                If (Lcase(Cstr(title))=Lcase(element)) Then
                    Call doc.remove(True)
                    Messagebox "The design element is removed."
                    Exit Sub
                End If
            End Forall
        End If
    End If
Next i
Messagebox "No design element matching the title was found."
End Sub

2. HELP: Creating forms at runtime

3. How to change design of personal on first use view in db with hidden design?

4. ZIP files

5. After hiding design you can still see hidden views!

6. Handera 330, where to buy in Vancouver.ca

7. Changing Field Properties in a Hidden Design Database

8. Cad Home Page with utilities

9. How to hide design permanently

10. Hide design

11. Hide design problem