Desktop Icon Colors

Post by Kelly Gomber » Sat, 20 Jul 1996 04:00:00

The system administrator needs both ver3 and ver4 on the Windows (NOT 95)
client workstation.  Version 3 runs fine.  The notes.ini file was copied
to another name and File/Properties was set up to call that file. We
installed version 4 in a seperate directory (/notes4). Notes ver4 is
opened and the desktop database icons and tabs are black and white. We
can't get the colors to appear.  Smarticons are OK.  We've played around
with the Notes.ini and desktop.dsk files and are now at a loss.  Any
suggestions?  Please e-mail.

Kelly Gombert

Desktop Icon Colors

Post by Kelly Gomber » Tue, 23 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> The system administrator needs both ver3 and ver4 on the Windows (NOT 95)
> client workstation.  Version 3 runs fine.  The notes.ini file was copied
> to another name and File/Properties was set up to call that file. We
> installed version 4 in a seperate directory (/notes4). Notes ver4 is
> opened and the desktop database icons and tabs are black and white. We
> can't get the colors to appear.  Smarticons are OK.  We've played around
> with the Notes.ini and desktop.dsk files and are now at a loss.  Any
> suggestions?  Please e-mail.

> Kelly Gombert

Answering my own query here but thought it might be of use to others.
The user had installed ver3 and then customized her Windows color scheme.
 When we installed ver4, it did not like her color scheme and the tabs
and desktop icons appeared as if we had chosen "monochrome".  I changed
her color scheme back to the Windows default and ver4 was OK.  The user
has since re-customized her Window colors and it's still OK.

Kelly Gombert

Desktop Icon Colors

Post by Bob Corsal » Thu, 25 Jul 1996 04:00:00

: The system administrator needs both ver3 and ver4 on the Windows (NOT 95)

: client workstation.  Version 3 runs fine.  The notes.ini file was copied
: to another name and File/Properties was set up to call that file. We
: installed version 4 in a seperate directory (/notes4). Notes ver4 is
: opened and the desktop database icons and tabs are black and white. We
: can't get the colors to appear.  Smarticons are OK.  We've played around
: with the Notes.ini and desktop.dsk files and are now at a loss.  Any
: suggestions?
:

If tou go into FILE, TOOLS, USER PREFERENCES, you should uncheck the option
for monochrome display. Restart Notes and all will be back to normal

1. Deleting an icon on a client desktop

        Hello!

        We're gonna have two servers clustered and later
on we'll leave only one of them working.

        On the client desktops there will be icons to
attach to both servers and we'd like to delete the one
attached to the database on the server that we will remove
'automagically'.

        Is there any way of doing this? (I heard
something about making an agent certified with the
server.id but I can't figure the way of making it
work).

        [Was it hard to understand my English? :-)]

2. Question about SQL builder

3. Change Icon on Desktop

4. Can you bind an .hlp file to an .exe like an .rc file?

5. ComposeDocument method with no Icon added to desktop?

6. Job-Seattle; Software Test -Internet Security

7. Deleting desktop icons

8. XPAINT 2.4.4 for VMS (Alpha)

9. How to put a database icon on the user desktop

10. HELP: suppr DB icon in desktop.dsk

11. remove an icon from the desktop

12. ICON, ICON, Where can I find some ICONS?

13. Different user's icon appearing on another's desktop