Find group membership (or lack of) for people?

Find group membership (or lack of) for people?

Post by mike.. » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to figure out a way to build a list of all people and their
group memberships on our Notes 4.62/NT4 server. One important use is to
find the users that are not members of a group, the other use would be
for general user/group maintenance. Anybody out there have something
that does this?

Normally when we set up new users they are added to the group for the
appropriate department in the company. Unfortunately this gets skipped
sometimes. I need a way to quickly find people who have fallen through
the cracks.

Thanks
Mike

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Find group membership (or lack of) for people?

Post by VJ » Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I had a similar requirement.
I created a view in the Names and addressbook.
used the groups form. First column is the names and i catagorized the
column.
The second is the groupname.
Since it is categorized by the user names it shows all the groups the user
is under.
Disadvantage. It only shows names of users in groups.
Users we have missed don't show up.
So it becomes a manual comparison after that

> I am trying to figure out a way to build a list of all people and their
> group memberships on our Notes 4.62/NT4 server. One important use is to
> find the users that are not members of a group, the other use would be
> for general user/group maintenance. Anybody out there have something
> that does this?

> Normally when we set up new users they are added to the group for the
> appropriate department in the company. Unfortunately this gets skipped
> sometimes. I need a way to quickly find people who have fallen through
> the cracks.

> Thanks
> Mike

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Find group membership (or lack of) for people?

Post by mike.. » Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for the idea. It's a start and is better than nothing.

> I had a similar requirement.
> I created a view in the Names and addressbook.
> used the groups form. First column is the names and i catagorized the
> column.
> The second is the groupname.
> Since it is categorized by the user names it shows all the groups the
user
> is under.
> Disadvantage. It only shows names of users in groups.
> Users we have missed don't show up.
> So it becomes a manual comparison after that

Quote:> > I am trying to figure out a way to build a list of all people and
their
> > group memberships on our Notes 4.62/NT4 server. One important use
is to
> > find the users that are not members of a group, the other use would
be
> > for general user/group maintenance. Anybody out there have something
> > that does this?

> > Normally when we set up new users they are added to the group for
the
> > appropriate department in the company. Unfortunately this gets
skipped
> > sometimes. I need a way to quickly find people who have fallen
through
> > the cracks.

> > Thanks
> > Mike

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Find group membership (or lack of) for people?

Post by Adi » Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Other possibility: use script with a NotesDocumentCollection established by
FTsearch on the names.nsf in group view, get document and then use Forall on
the appropriate document field (members) to check whether the person is in
it or not...

Or you could work with retrieving useraccess level (also in script and in
formulas), which brings out the current level of access (Manager, Author,
Editor...) of the current user.

Regards,
Adi

Find group membership (or lack of) for people?

Post by mike.. » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Can you give me an example I'm just learning Lotus Script. I don't know
where to begin

Mike

Quote:> Other possibility: use script with a NotesDocumentCollection