Pull Routing from hosting service - R5

Post by Rozz » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00

We have just installed Notes R5 and we need to pull mail from our
hosting service every 15 minutes. I know that I can set up a connection
to initiate a dial-up at a set interval but we have a permanent
connection over leased line. What details do I need from the hosting
service and what connection documents do I need to create.

Many thanks

Ros

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Danny Lawren » Sun, 26 Nov 2000 07:04:35

>We have just installed Notes R5 and we need to pull mail from our
>hosting service every 15 minutes. I know that I can set up a connection
>to initiate a dial-up at a set interval but we have a permanent
>connection over leased line. What details do I need from the hosting
>service and what connection documents do I need to create.

this technote  (169611 if the URL gets messed up) may help:
http://support.lotus.com/sims2.nsf/eb5fbc0ab175cf0885256560005206cf/0...

or do a search for "Pull Router" in the knowledgebase.
--Danny Lawrence, Tiassa Technologies Inc.
  A Lotus Business Partner

  (Spam filter in use, you figure it out)
 "Tiassa dreams and plots are born" --Steven Brust

Pull Routing from hosting service - R5

Post by John van Staaijere » Mon, 27 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Why pulling mail from your hosting service if you have the ability of using
a leased line?
Change (or let change) the MX-records of you're e-mail domain at your
provider.
If you are using public IP-address in your LAN then let the MX-records point
to the IP-address of the Domino-server.
If not let the MX-record point to the IP-address of the router and in the
the router activate Port Address Translation.
Let the port 25 of your router points to the internal ip-address of your
Domino server.

Using this configuration lets e-mail addressed to you e-mail domain directly
deliverd at your Domino-server....

Quote:> We have just installed Notes R5 and we need to pull mail from our
> hosting service every 15 minutes. I know that I can set up a connection
> to initiate a dial-up at a set interval but we have a permanent
> connection over leased line. What details do I need from the hosting
> service and what connection documents do I need to create.

> Many thanks

> Ros

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. Routing pull

Hi,

I understand that "pull routing" is in fact a request to push to the remote
server you connect. But, is this push a push initiated by the remote server,
or does it use the connection that the first server did to send back the
mails (like a replication, for instance).

The reason for this question is : I have a device between my server and the
server I want to pull from, which will not let TCPIP1352 or SMTP25 enter.
So, if it is like a rep, it will work. But if the initiator is the outside
server, it won't.

Thank you

2. USB and ISDN

3. Push Pull Routing settings

4. Subscriber Downloads trouble

5. Internet Service Providers who offer Domino hosting?

6. ISDN Router activating when client log on

7. Any Domino web host service out there?

8. Client Access Express ActiveX Automation Objects - Program Call

9. FREE DOMINO HOSTING SERVICES - SURVEY

10. Domino Web Hosting Service

11. Looking for Domino Web Hosting Service

12. mail routing with smtp/notes routing over several notes server

13. Smart Host and Relay Host