run time error 35010

Post by Bill Edmisso » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 06:11:08

I  am getting an run  time error 35010
application-defined or object-defined
error messagge when I open Word 2000 SR-1

It seems to work after I click on end
in the pop up window

Can anyone advise

Bill Edmisson

run time error 35010

Post by Beth Melto » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 07:01:59

Hi Bill,

It sounds like a macro error in a global template or add-in. Go to Tools/Templates and Add-Ins and see if there are any global templates or add-ins listed. If so they are located in your Word\Startup folder. If more than one, move them one at a time until you determine which one is causing the problem. The location of the Word\Startup folder can be found under Tools/Options/File Locations.

Word 2000 can have COM add-ins, those that are added in via the Registry rather than the Word\Startup folder. To determine this, add
the COM Add-In command to your toolbar.

- Right-click any toolbar and select Customize
- On the Commands tab, select the Tools category
- Locate COM Add-Ins on the right
- Drag/Drop to a location of your choice

For more information on COM Add-Ins, see this article:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Customization/CheckIfAddinsInstalled.htm

For additional troubleshooting steps see this article:
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErrors/ProbsOpeningWord.htm
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Please post replies/further questions to the newsgroup so that all may benefit.