Import Microsoft Works DB

Post by Annette Massi » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Is there a way to import data from a Microsoft Works database into and
Access 97 database?

Import Microsoft Works DB

Post by LeAnne Asti » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Hi Annette -

Dang! I'm absolutely certain that I've seen a post on this very topic not
too terribly long ago, but I can't for the life of me remember when it was
or in what ng. You might try searching the access.externaldata,
access.conversion, or access. interopoledde threads for
"Subject_Contains_Works." The archives at deja.com might also hold some
answers. Not much help, I'm afraid, but there you have it.

Sorry,

LeAnne Astin

> Is there a way to import data from a Microsoft Works database into and
> Access 97 database?

Import Microsoft Works DB

Post by Anne Nola » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 04:00:00

The standard answer I've seen is that you have to save the table in Works
as a text or DBF file, then import that into Access.

> Is there a way to import data from a Microsoft Works database into and
> Access 97 database?

Import Microsoft Works DB

Post by LeAnne Asti » Sat, 09 Dec 2000 00:53:19

Annette -

Here's another thought:  if the data are in Works, then it's a "flat" file
(i.e. spreadsheet), right? You might do just as well saving into Excel as
file type .xls, then importing into Access from there.

HTH,

LeAnne Astin