Word not printing properly; another issue.

Word not printing properly; another issue.

Post by Marv » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:58:14

I just encountered another problem that I need your help with.  I tried
printing a Word document last night and found that what printed on the page
does NOT look like my document on the screen.  In other words, if the last
word of a line on the screen was "dog," for example, that was not the last
word that appeared on the printed paper.  Somehow in the printing, the
spacing came out different.

How do I fix this?  Thanks for the help.  I appreciate it.

Word not printing properly; another issue.

Post by Graham Mayo » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:14:49

Does it look right in print preview?

--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>

> I just encountered another problem that I need your help with.  I tried
> printing a Word document last night and found that what printed on the
page
> does NOT look like my document on the screen.  In other words, if the last
> word of a line on the screen was "dog," for example, that was not the last
> word that appeared on the printed paper.  Somehow in the printing, the
> spacing came out different.

> How do I fix this?  Thanks for the help.  I appreciate it.

Word not printing properly; another issue.

Post by Tim van Dinthe » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 23:16:25

Marve,

If its look ok in print preview, but occasionally the print is different,
then most of the time the printer driver is 'damaged'.
Maybe reinstall or update the driver will just do the trick.

met vriendelijke groet  /  Kind Regards,

Tim van Dinther

> Does it look right in print preview?

> --

> > I just encountered another problem that I need your help with.  I tried
> > printing a Word document last night and found that what printed on the
> page
> > does NOT look like my document on the screen.  In other words, if the
last
> > word of a line on the screen was "dog," for example, that was not the
last
> > word that appeared on the printed paper.  Somehow in the printing, the
> > spacing came out different.

> > How do I fix this?  Thanks for the help.  I appreciate it.

Word not printing properly; another issue.

Post by Marv » Sat, 18 Aug 2001 08:24:02

No.  In print preview it looks just like it does when it's printed.  I want
the printed document and print screen to look like my screen document;
that's how it's always been, but some other people who use the computer
apparently have been fooling around with settings and have messed up
something.  Thanks.

Quote:> Does it look right in print preview

Word not printing properly; another issue.

Post by Graham Mayo » Sat, 18 Aug 2001 17:11:09

If print preview is reflecting the same layout as the printer, then Word is
operating correctly. There are lots of reasons why you could have a document
that appears differently in print/page layout view eg displayed hidden text,
or other non-printing items, that physically takes up space if you can see
them. This is the reason why you have a print preview mode.

--

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>

<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>

> No.  In print preview it looks just like it does when it's printed.  I
want
> the printed document and print screen to look like my screen document;
> that's how it's always been, but some other people who use the computer
> apparently have been fooling around with settings and have messed up
> something.  Thanks.

> > Does it look right in print preview

Word not printing properly; another issue.

Post by Beth Melto » Sat, 18 Aug 2001 23:26:04

Hi Marve,

Which view are you working in? Normal View or Print/Page Layout View?

If Normal view, then it isn't a "true" WYSIWYG view. Also, you might
want to check Tools/Options/View and make sure "Wrap to window" isn't
turned on.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Please post replies/further questions to the newsgroup so that all may
benefit.

|No.  In print preview it looks just like it does when it's printed.
I want
|the printed document and print screen to look like my screen
document;
|that's how it's always been, but some other people who use the
computer
|apparently have been fooling around with settings and have messed up
|something.  Thanks.
|

|> Does it look right in print preview

Word not printing properly; another issue.

Post by Marv » Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:48:43

Beth, you hit it right on the nail.  I just came to the newsgroup to post
the answer to my problem, which I discovered after fooling around with the
stupid thing for at least two days on and off.  I went into each and every
drop down menu and parts of those  menus and tested different things.  Just
about 10 minutes ago I fixed the problem by running a search on the term
"wysiwyg" in the Word help menu.  It pointed me to Tools/Options/View and
instructed to uncheck "wrap to window" and "draft font."  It was actually
quite a simple thing causing this big hassle.  As soon as I made the
changes, the printed page matched the normal view screen.  I always use the
normal view screen because it provides a larger viewable area and a less
cluttered appearance.

SNIP If Normal view, then it isn't a "true" WYSIWYG view. Also, you might
want to check Tools/Options/View and make sure "Wrap to window" isn't turned
on SNIP

1. Word not printing properly; another issue.

I just encountered another problem that I need your help with.  I tried
printing a Word document last night and found that what printed on the page
does NOT look like my document on the screen.  In other words, if the last
word of a line on the screen was "dog," for example, that was not the last
word that appeared on the printed paper.  Somehow in the printing, the
spacing came out different.

How do I fix this?  Thanks for the help.  I appreciate it.

2. Multi-user installation & resources - Outlook 2002

3. how to put a dash in a range of values

4. (not) printing bullets properly - Word 97/Windows 2000

5. Combo boxes as criteria for underlying query is a problem

6. Word 98/2001 docs from a PC do not print properly

7. Changing Source Data in a Chart

8. Printing using the rules wizard - HTML messages not printing properly

9. Word 9 HTML is not properly handled by Word 8

10. Works wps files not importing properly into Word 95 or Word 97

11. Word tables not summing properly in Word 97

12. Add-in not properly uninstalling properly