Comments on best e-mail software please

Post by Anthon » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I'm looking for comments on the best multiple account POP3 e-mail software
please.

Also, are there any shareware that you don't have to pay for? I can't find
any.

thanks

Comments on best e-mail software please

Post by JEB » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I've been using MultiMail Pro 3 for several months, and like it very much.
Allows download of headers or full text, handles multiple accounts.  Believe
it was about $39.

JEB

Post by Jonathan Ive » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> I'm looking for comments on the best multiple account POP3 e-mail software
> please.

> Also, are there any shareware that you don't have to pay for? I can't find
> any.

> thanks

I tried a few and found pdqmail (http://www.pdqsuite.com) from Eudora to be
the best (i.e most reliable) POP3 client.

I would still be using it if we had'nt gone totally IMAP as an Organisation

Comments on best e-mail software please

Post by Kulvinder Singh Mathar » Wed, 12 Jan 2000 04:00:00

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 11:52:52 -0000, "Anthony"

>I'm looking for comments on the best multiple account POP3 e-mail software
>please.

>Also, are there any shareware that you don't have to pay for? I can't find
>any.

I use MultiMail Pro which is great and has plugins for viewing common
attachments. You need to pay for this one. It also has multiple
accounts which I find invaluable as I switch around between accounts.

For a "free" program try ProxiMail (which is in beta). It uses the
Mail program that comes with the Palm OS. It's OK and the user
interface if very intuitive. You can set up different profiles in
this too.

Good luck!

--
Kulvinder Singh Matharu

Website: http://www.matharu.demon.co.uk
(note  : e-mail header address deliberately mangled)

Post by Joern Stei » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> I'm looking for comments on the best multiple account POP3 e-mail software
> please.

I'd buy MultiMail Pro if I ever needed a mail program. Check out my
website below for comparison of a couple of mail clients.
--
Cheers
Joern Stein

Comments on best e-mail software please

Post by Anthon » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

After trialling MULTIMAIL pro and EUDORA for a day I just bought MULTIMAIL
pro. Far superior in my opinion, escpecially with the conduit to MAPI.

Just wish I could have just one INBOX for all my ISPs just like OUTLOOK
does. OUTLOOK records which server it got the mail from and replies via the
same server.

Apart from that... brilliant, so thanks for the info.

Now... a browser!?

Quote:> I'm looking for comments on the best multiple account POP3 e-mail software