Touch Screen problem. Help?

Post by David Bennet » Wed, 02 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I have started getting a problem with the lower half cm or so of the touch
sensitive screen - just above the graffiti area.  The pixels go out of
alignment - in that the screen responds as if I had pressed about 6 pixels
above.  I have tried soft resetting but no luck.  I reset the digitiser but
this only lasts a few minutes sometimes before it goes out of alignment
again.

Anyone had similar, or got any ideas?  I would be grateful.  Thanks

Touch Screen problem. Help?

Post by Carsten Kur » Thu, 03 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Do you have an OS3 Update board installed?

 - Carsten

David Bennett schrieb:

Quote:

> I have started getting a problem with the lower half cm or so of the touch
> sensitive screen - just above the graffiti area.  The pixels go out of
> alignment - in that the screen responds as if I had pressed about 6 pixels
> above.  I have tried soft resetting but no luck.  I reset the digitiser but
> this only lasts a few minutes sometimes before it goes out of alignment
> again.

> Anyone had similar, or got any ideas?  I would be grateful.  Thanks

1. My new IIIxe: touch screen problem

   I just purchsed a IIIxe with a good price and quite happy with it.
However, good time ends suddenly. When I was taking a note (a formula)
in the library with Diddlebug, I found that I cannot write a small
character accurately. The tiny "2" for square always mess itself. For
test, I tapped the screen in DiddleBug randomly (dot-dot-dot...) and
surprisingly found that some dots just don't show up and some end up with
a long line, not just random points I expected! Am I using a defective
Palm?

Min-yi Shen

2. Suggested drives for an embedded system?

3. Help: Palm IIIx Touch Screen Not Responding

4. Sr. Business Analyst with BRD and Sales -- CA

5. Palm III problem - screen "loses touch"

6. TRADE: A3000 FOR A4000

7. Please Help: Palm IIIx touch screen locks up

8. Samba locking NT accounts

9. Palm lll touch screen problem

10. Help - Can use pilot because of touch screen recalibration!

11. Lower left part of touch screen won't respond

12. 105 touch screen

13. Objects touching screen will keep Palm ON after a Wake-up.