SEARCHING:ROM IMAGE for the palm emulator!!!

SEARCHING:ROM IMAGE for the palm emulator!!!

Post by ra.. » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi there,

for the palmtop emulator i need a rom-image of a palm pilot IIIx.
if someone can tell me where i can find such - that would be great!

thanks

SEARCHING:ROM IMAGE for the palm emulator!!!

Post by No Pork Byproduct » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

If you buy David Pogue's Ultimate Guide to the PalmPilot 2nd Edition, all
Palm ROMs (in various languages) are included on the CD.

> Hi there,

> for the palmtop emulator i need a rom-image of a palm pilot IIIx.
> if someone can tell me where i can find such - that would be great!

> thanks

SEARCHING:ROM IMAGE for the palm emulator!!!

Post by Simon Marches » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Use the "ROM Transfer" prc to extract an image from your Palm.

> Hi there,

> for the palmtop emulator i need a rom-image of a palm pilot IIIx.
> if someone can tell me where i can find such - that would be great!

> thanks

SEARCHING:ROM IMAGE for the palm emulator!!!

Post by ra.. » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi Simon,

thanks for the news. the problem is that i do not have any palm pilot. i
just wanted to check out the features of the emulator. :( the second way
to register at palm.com for a rom-image is not my choice cuz of the
unfriendly license agreement.
Maybe someone can send me a rom-image...maybe not.

cya

   jens

Post by Patrick M. Ber » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> for the palmtop emulator i need a rom-image of a palm pilot IIIx.
> if someone can tell me where i can find such - that would be great!

Buy David Pogue's book "PalmPilot: The Ultimate Guide", second edition.
It comes with a CD-ROM that contains the POSE emulator and ROM images
for several models of Palm.

SEARCHING:ROM IMAGE for the palm emulator!!!

Post by Matt Dragonfly Drur » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Palm's website offered it to registered users some time back. That may still
exist. Search there.

SEARCHING:ROM IMAGE for the palm emulator!!!

Post by tn.. » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Need help from any Palm Developer out there!!

I got FatalException error while uploading the ROM
image from Palm IIIx to PalmOS Emulator.
I did make sure the transfer speeds are matched.
The "ROM Transfer.prc" that came with Metrowerks
Release 5, was first "hot-sync"ed down to the
Palm.  However, the FatalException error popped
up as soon as I tapped "Begin Transfer" on the
Palm.

Please help.  Thanks.

Radar Science & Engineering Section
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
4800 Oak Grove Drive
Pasadena, CA 91109

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

SEARCHING:ROM IMAGE for the palm emulator!!!

Post by ra.. » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

It is there indeed, but the unfriendly license agreement you have to
accept kept me away of sign in there. So the only alternative is to find
someone who can send me a rom image to check out the emulator.

thanks for remailing

rauti

Post by Steven G. Tyle » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> It is there indeed, but the unfriendly license agreement you have to
> accept kept me away of sign in there. So the only alternative is to find
> someone who can send me a rom image to check out the emulator.

"Unfriendly license agreement"? Have you read *any* of the end-user
license agreements for any of your software packages? ;-) Purely
routine, not worth worrying about, and much better than soliciting
illegal transfer of the OS, IMHO.
--

        The Computer Counselor -- Technology Consulting for the Law Office

        Webmaster, Troop 339, BAC, BSA (http://members.aol.com/troop339)

SEARCHING:ROM IMAGE for the palm emulator!!!

Post by Matt Dragonfly Drur » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Save that what you're asking for is likely an infringement of Palm's
copyright and other legal protections, but that's your call.

SEARCHING:ROM IMAGE for the palm emulator!!!

Post by Inaki Gra » Sat, 18 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Could someone tell me why the ROM Ive extracted from my Palm IIIx (spanish
edition) doesnt work with POSE emulator?

The error message says that "Could not create a new session because the
chosen ROM file cannot be used with the specified hardware device". In tehe
beggining screen I can only choose "Palm III", because the program doesnt
let my choose any other, and no matter wich amount of memory I choose.

If I run directly the ROM file, then the main POSE window open, but wiht the
error "This programm has performed an illegal operation and it will be
aborted" (excuse the bad translation)

So ... Why the hell can not I use POSE emulator with my legal copy of Palm
OS ROM?

Greetings,

                            Injaki

SEARCHING:ROM IMAGE for the palm emulator!!!

Post by Steve Harma » Thu, 23 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I went through all the hassles of Palm's Developer Licence agreement,
printing out the paperwork, posting to the US (from UK) and they eventually
emailed me (notice I couldn't email THEM the document, but they could contact
ME by email) saying I'd not filled in one field or other and so everything
was void and I'd have to start again.

I don't think so.  Over to Handspring.  Palm have become too officious and
corporate.