Question: Can I copy my HotSync account to different computers? Are there any problems?

Question: Can I copy my HotSync account to different computers? Are there any problems?

Post by Rodney » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:52:04

Hi all,

I work with 3 different computers and have my palm hooked up to each
of them.  I have the same hotsync account name on all 3 computers,
which are connected via network in some way or the other.

I have read somewhere that instead of hotsyncing each of the computers
individually, can I just hotsync on one computer and copy my entire
hotsync account to the other computers?   What will be the
repercussions or problems?

Thanks,

Rodney

Post by Travis Case » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:16:24

> I work with 3 different computers and have my palm hooked up to each
> of them.  I have the same hotsync account name on all 3 computers,
> which are connected via network in some way or the other.

> I have read somewhere that instead of hotsyncing each of the computers
> individually, can I just hotsync on one computer and copy my entire
> hotsync account to the other computers?   What will be the
> repercussions or problems?

My wife and I did this with two computers for a while, with no problems.

--

       /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_   No one agrees with me.  Not even me.

Question: Can I copy my HotSync account to different computers? Are there any problems?

Post by R » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 20:28:15

you can do a network hotsync.  this will involve two of your machines
being ppp servers wither by using NT ras or mocha PPP.  instructions
are available from the web from mocha.
In essence you primary machine's hotsync is setup to receive network
connections.  the palm trawls through through the network looking for
it, once found it will hotsync.