command bar in 3.53

Post by Tomm » Tue, 14 Aug 2001 06:28:52

How do you access the "command bar" in 3.53? I just upgraded my IIIx to 3.53
from 3.31 and I am wondering why I spent the money. I can't see anything new
or better. Can't even find the "command bar" that is supposedly in here
somewhere.

Tommy

command bar in 3.53

Post by Steve » Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:02:22

The command bar is activated by the command stroke (slash starting from the
lower left finishing at the upper right of the alpha-graffiti area).

3.5 also has the "masked" privacy records, which is a nice improvement if
you've got confidential appointments you want hidden but you want to know
the time-slot isn't available.

There's a new, fourth view in the datebook showing both your appointments
and todo's on a single display.

You might want to review the improvements to remind yourself why you
upgraded.  See http://www.palm.com/support/35upgrade/why-engl.html
for a full list.

Cheers
Steve T

Quote:> How do you access the "command bar" in 3.53? I just upgraded my IIIx to
3.53
> from 3.31 and I am wondering why I spent the money. I can't see anything
new
> or better. Can't even find the "command bar" that is supposedly in here
> somewhere.

> Tommy

command bar in 3.53

Post by Tomm » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:43:36

The main reason I upgraded was the serial port was supposed to operate at
full speed now instead of 57600. I really don't notice much of a difference
though. I am not sure it is using it.

Thanks for the tip on the command bar.

Tommy

> The command bar is activated by the command stroke (slash starting from
the
> lower left finishing at the upper right of the alpha-graffiti area).

> 3.5 also has the "masked" privacy records, which is a nice improvement if
> you've got confidential appointments you want hidden but you want to know
> the time-slot isn't available.

> There's a new, fourth view in the datebook showing both your appointments
> and todo's on a single display.

> You might want to review the improvements to remind yourself why you
> upgraded.  See http://www.palm.com/support/35upgrade/why-engl.html
> for a full list.

> Cheers
> Steve T

> > How do you access the "command bar" in 3.53? I just upgraded my IIIx to
> 3.53
> > from 3.31 and I am wondering why I spent the money. I can't see anything
> new
> > or better. Can't even find the "command bar" that is supposedly in here
> > somewhere.

> > Tommy

command bar in 3.53

Post by Ben Combe » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:11:20

Quote:> The main reason I upgraded was the serial port was supposed to operate
at
> full speed now instead of 57600. I really don't notice much of a
difference
> though. I am not sure it is using it.

You need to go into the HotSync program on the device and explictly set
the HotSync speed to 115200 in order to get a speed improvement.

1. Album to Go won't work after udgrade from 3.5 to 3.53

Hello to all!

My problem is, that Album to Go doesn't work after upgrading both Palm
OS (its a Palm IIIc) and Palm Destktop to 4.1.

And yes, I have tried Hotsync the key numerous times.

It all worked before..

Any tips/ideas? Is this a common problem?

Best regards Henrik S., Copenhagen, Denmark

2. Overlapping Cliques

3. command bar overfilled with icons - can't access them

4. USR Dual Standard used with V.32 UUCP

5. Palm Pilot Trad-ins

6. Acorn BBC model B & Master-128

7. new parens version with plug-ins

8. MacMINIX boot problem